Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Kim Kardashian as FLOTUS? YAY or NAY?
YAY 4 6.56%
NAY 57 93.44%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 09:09 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times

Advertisements

They will probably be long divorced by the time Kanye even considered running. Also, you all know that a First Lady doesn't really do much anyway don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2018, 06:29 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
All the Kardashians do is amass more wealth. The charitites/donations etc. are pretty small, just to make themselves sound good. While Kim herself seems personable and smart she is also very self centered. She cares about things in a very surface way, then it bounces off of her 'well what does it do for me' core personality.
Kanye, OMG he knows nothing! Not about defense, foreign policy, nothing. Worst idea ever.

Old 03-08-2018, 10:41 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,992,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Huh?

Someone isn't aware that, despite Rodman's begging for a formal ambassador role in the Trump Administration, his DPRK visits have had NOTHING to do with Trump. In fact, Rodman's first meeting with KYU took place in 2013, and that meeting was preceded by a Globetrotter trip and various "listening tour" trips to the DPRK, then followed by two more meetings with KYU--all before Trump.

And who's engineering all of these trips? If you said (and you didn't because you think it's Trump) a college student, a Canadian consultant, and a tuba-playing college professor, y
ou'd be right.

Pffft! I know about ALL those details you are mentioning (including Rodman's friendship with him dating back to 2013 - which copped Rodman PLENTY of criticism, and that private individuals/interests have sponsored his trips to Pyongyang), plus the fact that what made all those junkets possible is the fact that KJU himself is a big fan of the Bulls and Rodman was his favorite player in the team.

However, it looks like all the aforementioned details are starting to pay dividends, considering he happens to be THE ONLY person who is friends with both fellas. This effectively puts him in the BEST position of all to mediate between them if/when an official meeting between Trump and KJU happens. The latest news indicate that talks are going to take place this May!

One thing you should remember is that any serious student of international geopolitics will acknowledge that there often is a lot more happening beneath the surface/behind the curtain than is let on to the public! And it is these things, together with stuff like these "unofficial junkets" that lay the ground work for major official diplomatic breakthroughs!

Last edited by mrconfusion87; 03-08-2018 at 11:48 PM..

Old 03-08-2018, 11:20 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
If we have another president whose resume reads "entertainer", I sincerely hope there is an armed revolution.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:26 PM

4,255 posts, read 5,937,571 times
I would never vote for Kanye West, except maybe if he were running against Hillary Clinton.

Old 03-09-2018, 12:40 AM

6,796 posts, read 2,910,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post
I would never vote for Kanye West, except maybe if he were running against Hillary Clinton.
I know who Hilary Clinton is but ...who is Kanye West? Is he someone important? How come there are so many people in the spotlight who I've never heard of? Is my ignorance pertaining to these people perhaps a good thing? Or am I missing something that I should know about? Who the hell IS everybody?

Old 03-10-2018, 05:16 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,275,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
I am no fan of Kanye West, and this is the first I've heard about a White House bid.

I am not terribly shocked. It seems like anyone with an ego and a heartbeat can run for president these days.

We don't elect the FLOTUS. I don't particularly like this one, and I am not a fan of the Kardashians and I could not distinguish one from the other in a police line up, if you offered me a million bucks.

Six of one, half dozen of the other.
If Kanye West becomes POTUS the USA is doomed....Trump is a dream compared to Kanye.
However, you’re welcome to move on up to Canada,
it’s a little cold in winter but you’ll get used to it.

Last edited by BMI; 03-10-2018 at 06:00 PM..

Old 03-12-2018, 11:54 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
I know who Hilary Clinton is but ...who is Kanye West? Is he someone important? How come there are so many people in the spotlight who I've never heard of? Is my ignorance pertaining to these people perhaps a good thing? Or am I missing something that I should know about? Who the hell IS everybody?

In the world of pop music he is definitely important. Outside that. no.

He has an immense fanbase worldwide. It is hard to overestimate his popularity among popular music fans under, I would say, about 40 years old. That cannot be debated.

I wouldn't be surprised if his name recognition has reached a billion or more people on earth, hundreds of millions of whom could repeat at least some of the lyrics he has written. He has won 230 music awards, 21 of which are Grammys. His career spans over 15 years.

Politically, however, he is a nobody.

To his credit, he has a reputation for being very intelligent. I don't get the impression that he is an empty suit. However, he also has the reputation of being whiny, sulky, impulsive, and socially inappropriate (remind you of anyone?).

Personally, I am not a fan, and I certainly don't want him, or any underqualified "superstars" running for high political office (why don't these guys start as mayors, congressmen, or governors if they want to get into politics so bad?), but I will say his professional record and his talent in his profession is leagues ahead of his "accomplished nothing" wife who nonetheless seems to be even more famous.

Last edited by ABQConvict; 03-12-2018 at 12:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities