Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 10:12 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
No surprise there, she always had a reputation for being just a plain mean and nasty person. Complete opposite from people like Keanu Reeves.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/comedian-...180045617.html
I don't understand what's the big deal. Ellen has never claimed to be a saint, born-again Christian, or a Disney star. There are many people in H'wood that will never reach her star power and are just as bad, if not worse than what she's accused of. There is nothing here that I haven't heard other celebs accused of at one time or another.

To me this seems to be a slow-news story that some disgruntled person in the media is trying to push since they have covered COVID-19 ad nauseum, would be called out as disgraceful should they try to milk anymore news out of Kobe's death & alleged fairy-tale marriage, so they needed some new material. Voila...stir up the accusations that Ellen is a mean person. Give me a break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2020, 03:22 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
LOL this thread. I don't care for her show either.

Old 04-27-2020, 08:50 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I wonder how she even got this far in Hollywood...
Once she came out as gay, she became untouchable. It is her shield against criticism.

Old 04-27-2020, 10:16 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Well...I like her. I always have.

Color me shocked that a struggling comedian, who I've never heard of, starts a twitter gossipy campaign, and that Kathy Griffin, a D list nobody, doesn't have something nice to say.

And a YouTube make up artist is mad because Ellen didn't say 'hi'. Oh...OK. (Rolling my eyes.)

Old 04-28-2020, 08:55 AM

6,420 posts, read 4,913,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Well...I like her. I always have.

Color me shocked that a struggling comedian, who I've never heard of, starts a twitter gossipy campaign, and that Kathy Griffin, a D list nobody, doesn't have something nice to say.

And a YouTube make up artist is mad because Ellen didn't say 'hi'. Oh...OK. (Rolling my eyes.)
https://www.themix.net/2020/01/insid...kathy-griffin/

Old 04-28-2020, 09:47 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Who DOESN'T Kathy Griffin have a feud with? Anyone who manages to get on her sh*t list can come sit by me.

Old 04-28-2020, 12:13 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
What amazes me is how people come to such firm conclusions about how various celebrities behave having never met them.

Old 04-28-2020, 12:23 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
I used to watch her show regularly and loved it, but have only seen it a couple times in the past 10-15 years. I guess I got tired of it for no particular reason. That said, Ellen always struck me as a truly kind and lovely human being. Obviously that could have been her "stage persona" but that's how she seemed to me.

It's beyond tacky for this unheard of comedian to solicit unkind stories in exchange for a charitable donation. It's plain weird and quite UNcharitable.

Old 04-28-2020, 03:53 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
What amazes me is how people come to such firm conclusions about how various celebrities behave having never met them.
By observing them. From things that they have heard. Analyzing them. You don't have to meet someone in person to decide that you don't like them.

For me, she just always felt very fake. Perhaps I am wrong, and then that's on me. I can live with it, but from many things that I've heard, I'm more right than wrong. But people generally like who they like and don't like who they don't like.

I find it really hard to believe that you've never judged someone that you've never met in person.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:53 AM

6,420 posts, read 4,913,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
When would we have an opportunity to meet these celebrities? Its not like they shop where we do. I have met a few: Katie Couric, Robert Klein, Robert Duvall, Jamie Foxx (very nice), Kate Jackson, Dorothy Hamill (stayed at the same hotel we were at for the Olympics, I didn't recognize her at first, but when I did, we had a nice chat), Ed Cassidy the drummer from Spirit, one of my favorite bands, I met on a flight and thought I died and went to heaven.

If you live in Hollywood and are in the "biz" your chances are better. Most of us are just commoners and have to resort to what we read and see on the web or in the old days, magazines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities