Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 08:32 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,172 times

Advertisements

8 months followed by a few years probation.

The family of the victim was up there crying and blaming Hogan's kid which, he deserves some punishment. However, the dirtball injured chose to race. Why in the world would they be complaining about Hogan's kid? You'd think their kid wasn't involved.

The father said "what al Qaeda couldn't do in a tour, Nick did in minutes." (Or something like that.) My thought: Yeah? Well, your son probably wasn't running around with his rifle pointing at his face with the safety off. (He wasn't wearing a seat belt either.)

What's wrong with these people? The kid asked and he received.

I like it that Hogan's kid is paying a price because he's a dirtbag too. However, I just don't understand why the parents are opening their fly traps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 02:54 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,046,447 times
I thought the boy killed was a passenger in the car of Nick Hogan.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:03 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,344,644 times
no one died, but the passenger is in a PVS I believe and will require lifelong care.

8 months for permanently and completely ruining a young man's life seems low. hopefully the family gets some $$$ out of whatever lawsuit comes out of this

oh, and about the whole seat belt thing, no one blames a victim for not wearing their seat belt if they got hit by a drunk driver. yeah, he should have been wearing on, and it looks like he'll be punished for this forever

Old 05-10-2008, 11:57 AM

I'll double check. At first they said he was a passenger, now coverage yesterday made it sound, to me, like he was driving the other car.

There was no victims. That guy chose to be in the car and chose to be racing. Someone should drive a car through that family... If that guy was a victim of anything, it was of his own stupidity.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:57 PM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
I don't think he chose to crash.

Even if he was in a separate car, how do you know Nick Hogan didn't cut off that other car or even lifted its air?

Old 05-10-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post
I don't think he chose to crash.

Even if he was in a separate car, how do you know Nick Hogan didn't cut off that other car or even lifted its air?
Put it this way: If you go out having promiscuous sex without protection, you might not want HIV, but you're certainly asking for it.

If you choose to drag race on the public street; if you choose to not wear a seat belt; you might not want to kill someone or get hurt, but you're certainly asking for it.

He deserves to be in a hospital bed because that's what he asked for. The Hogan kid deserves a sentence for risking the lives of the public. However, blaming the Hogan kid for the victim's condition is like blaming some anonymous skank for your contracting HIV when you were out being bad.

This is called "personal responsibility". I don't complain when the natural consequences of my poor behavior come to fruition... In the same vein, I don't have pity on those who suffer their consequences.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
He deserves to be in a hospital bed because that's what he asked for.
Is that so?

Old 05-11-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post
Is that so?
Yes. If you don't deserve the natural consequences that flow from your choice to act stupid, what in the world do you deserve? A right to live without natural consequences?

Old 05-11-2008, 11:50 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,344,644 times
you must be one of those people that think women deserve to be raped b/c they're wearing skirts and walking home alone

Old 05-12-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
you must be one of those people that think women deserve to be raped b/c they're wearing skirts and walking home alone
Not necessarily... but if you're walking the street as a prostitute or drug-dealer and something like that happens, you'll get no sympathy from me. That's a suitable analogy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities