Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2023, 08:38 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,776,235 times

Advertisements

As one ages, some become increasingly stubborn. Often, to their detriment.

I asked my mom repeatedly to get rid of all her heavy, huge furniture (that she kept tripping over in her cramped apt) and put in padding and carpeting (to cushion her falls). She balked and sure enough after numerous falls that landed her in the hospital, I took that opportunity to clear up her apt to make it more fall friendly.

No one wants to admit they're not teenagers anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2023, 01:31 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,891,045 times
That's the direction things point to. His wife should urge him to cut back on his auto-related hobbies.

Old 01-31-2023, 04:30 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
That's the direction things point to. His wife should urge him to cut back on his auto-related hobbies.

Why? Because someone strung a wire across a lot that would likely be unseen until too late by the vast majority of people?

Old 02-01-2023, 09:38 AM

If you want to be obtuse, that's your choice. Motorcycles and perhaps working on ancient cars have inherent dangers. Even in that wire scenario, a driver of an enclosed vehicle probably wouldn't be injured at all.

Old 02-01-2023, 09:46 AM

16,427 posts, read 12,533,205 times
Not to mention, we don't know that it was a wire that no one could see ... that's just his explanation of events.

Bottom line, the guy has has two serious injuries in just over two months. That's not typical, even for people who work on cars and ride motor cycles. Coincidence? Perhaps. But he's also 72, so it's not outside of the realm of possibility that both events could have happened due to judgement issues.

Old 02-01-2023, 09:47 AM

11,552 posts, read 6,041,805 times
He is having a bad year.

Old 02-01-2023, 09:49 AM

11,552 posts, read 6,041,805 times
As always, there are two kinds of motorcycle riders.

Those who have crashed, and those who are going to.

Old 02-01-2023, 09:49 AM

3,320 posts, read 4,135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I ride a fast Ducati, a Harley and I’m as old as dust.
Senile/dementia?
Na, I just like fun.

Everyone is different.
While I’m out shopping for a new fishing boat this next month some guys younger than me might be toting around an oxygen bottle or possibly a walker.
Sucks to be them.
Once again, one size or situation does not fit all.
I think Jay's just having some bad luck, it happens that way sometimes, I'm sure he's a good rider and as burdell mentioned, this could happen to any rider and it's quite possible the owner of the lot could be open to a lawsuit for the unmarked wire. Don't think I would want to ride my old V Star around the streets of Los Angeles, but Jay knows his way around the city, I'm sure. The boo boo seems to be, why was his bike leaking gas? That's a mechanical issue that probably could have been avoided, but S happens, I'm sure if the bike was leaking gas when he started up the bike, he would repair it before taking a ride, sometimes it's just bad luck. If his riding skills are still good and he still enjoys it, Should Jay quit riding because of this? Not by the hair on his chinny chin chin !

I'm sure normally when Jay rides, when he see's danger ahead, he uses his chin as a shield, or in extreme circumstances, he folds space with his chin right before impact, and reappears on the other side of the obstacle, unharmed. He couldn't see the wire and therefore was unable to use his chin to save himself.

Old 02-01-2023, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Not to mention, we don't know that it was a wire that no one could see ... that's just his explanation of events.

Bottom line, the guy has has two serious injuries in just over two months. That's not typical, even for people who work on cars and ride motor cycles. Coincidence? Perhaps. But he's also 72, so it's not outside of the realm of possibility that both events could have happened due to judgement issues.
I would guess slower reaction time as the change within him, if it isn't purely bad luck. But almost all motorcycle riders experience bad luck eventually and his body is increasingly vulnerable to the consequences. Furthermore, it's possible or maybe probable that Leno has had minor accidents over the years that we've never heard about.

Old 02-02-2023, 04:37 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
If you want to be obtuse, that's your choice. Motorcycles and perhaps working on ancient cars have inherent dangers. Even in that wire scenario, a driver of an enclosed vehicle probably wouldn't be injured at all.

I had a friend on a motorcycle put in a wheelchair/early grave by a distracted driver. What's the real danger, the motorcycle or the driver who thinks they have no need to watch the road? Do you conclude walking on the sidewalk is dangerous when some nitwit texting while driving runs them down?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities