Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 07:11 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I always suspected Jackie Mason was a racist due to his incessant slandering of Arabs, and now we know due to his referring to Barack Obama using the Yiddish version of the N-word.

Jackie Mason: Obama's a "Schwartza" - TMZ.com

Seems like Jackie should be wearing a white hood and burning crosses! Oy vey!
Oh dear, call out the brigade, Jackie Mason said a no-no.

Get OVER yourself already! You have no idea whether Jackie Mason is a racist or not.

You, on the other hand, are presumptous and annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 07:13 PM

726 posts, read 2,268,746 times
Seriously.... who cares about him ?? He's a nobody.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:14 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,180,561 times
My point is about focusing on something of greater value. When will folks stop getting upset over ignorant stuff other folks say? It's wasted energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
How do you know we don't? I know I do and what pains me most is what is happening in my country with the rate of Black kids involved in stabbings over the last few years. That's a whole 'nother topic if you would like to start it off.

This thread is about Jackie Mason, a has been that never was and I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:06 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,161,463 times
uh, actually no I wouldn't be surprised at all to know you've done worse things than setting an office on fire.
So you think racism applies only to anyone not a caucasion? calling someone cracker,whitey or honky is no different than what you whine about.
You obviously never have anything valid to contribute to any post on CD, except to moan and groan and give us all your woe is me crap.
As for me growing a set of balls.............practice what you preach. I prefer to walk away from people who toss racist names about. That's called class,sweetie.

[quote=Raggy dee Ann;7977764]Hey, the guy smoked like a broke stove and left one of his lighters in my office. You obviously have nothing valid or of worth to add to the discussion so you want to draw attention to what I said. You'll be delighted to hear that setting a light invoices and customer correspondence is not the worst thing I have done.
You aren't Black nor are you Jewish nor do you seem to have a clue.

Like being called a cracker or honky was ever an insult Grow balls.[/QUOTE]

Old 03-21-2009, 03:36 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
My point is about focusing on something of greater value. When will folks stop getting upset over ignorant stuff other folks say? It's wasted energy.
Ron, I focus on different aspects. Mason is a relic of another era and is of no conseqence today, but just like how you had to comment on the topic I did too. In fact it's the first I've said anything about it, since int's not news here in the UK and NOBODY is talking about it. Reading Calipoppy's post is what made me respond as it struck a cord because of my experience.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
uh, actually no I wouldn't be surprised at all to know you've done worse things than setting an office on fire.
So you think racism applies only to anyone not a caucasion? calling someone cracker,whitey or honky is no different than what you whine about.
You obviously never have anything valid to contribute to any post on CD, except to moan and groan and give us all your woe is me crap.
As for me growing a set of balls.............practice what you preach. I prefer to walk away from people who toss racist names about. That's called class,sweetie.

Yeah there ya go. Predictable as usual. I throw in an anecdote and you people run away with it and now I'm an arsonist I've tried to decipher what the hell you are on about with difficulty, but I guess someone like you wouldn't understand any of my posts nor appreciate or have the ability to critique constructively nor add anything of worth, after all I'm not gushing about Jason from bachelors???? (whoever the hell he is).

Did I tell you about the time I held a gun to a persons head who pissed me off in the check out line at a supermarket? ........

Old 03-21-2009, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
Hey Raggy, I'm in my forties, grew up in a neighborhood on Pittsburgh's East End that was about half white and black. The whites were mostly Italian and Irish, and 90 some percent Catholic. The section just next to us, the nicer section was mostly all Jewish. So my high school was a mesh of all of the above, plus some others thrown in...

Racism? Are you crazy? Out and out hate was more like it; but, and here's the point, out and out love too. We fought together and we fought each other. We stood up for our own and we stood up for your own, if anybody from a different section or another school went after them. We called each other every name in the book and often used the ethnic derogation even if they were in the same ethnic group as we were. Words like the one Jackie Mason used were so common they lost their meaning. I have black friends I grew up with that when I go home and run into them, all the ethnic insults will be rolled out on both sides. I do it with my white friends so why would I have to refrain with my black? Wouldn't they be insulted if I did? Wouldn't they think I didn't love them anymore, wouldn't they think that we weren't as close as we used to be?

I have friends who I haven't seen in years who will call me up and before I even know who's on the other end, I'll hear, "You no good gu*nea pr*ck!"

Should I be mad? They called me, 'cause they missed me, 'cause they love me. I don't know Jackie Mason's bio, but in his business it would be almost impossible not to have alotta close black friends. Could he be a racist? Of course. But I guess it's just the surface characterization of a comedian, a guy known for ethnic humor as such that bothers me. Some people you'll never hear use anything but the currently acceptable term for any ethnic group are the most hateful, soul-less, arrogant, condescending...

And then others, as Lenny Bruce did, use these terms to take the power away from them, and are as loving and inclusive and generous as any.
I hear ya. Like I said it was Calipoppy's post that resonated and I had to comment about my experience. I'm very openminded and don't get offended offended when Black comedians us the N word, when anyone other than a Black person uses it takes on a whole other meaning. Depending on what company I'm with, we have different ways of poking fun at each others cultures and trust me we do it a lot and it's not always politically correct but who cares.

What pisses me off about this discussion is that a valid thread is posted by someone and then attacked by people from back water states and towns who don't have a clue. Have never lived an a diverse neighbourhood, have worked, socialized or have friends of varied racial backgrounds who take offense to something they really are in no position to comment on.

Thankfully those old schoolers like Mason are a dying breed. I have nothing against Jews. I know as many of them as people of my own race, they are amongst people I went to school with, work with, dated, almost married, are clients of mine. My first experience of unrequited love was in 6th grade was with a Jewish boy. We lived in a Predominatley Jewish middle class part of North London.

Back in the 50's when my mother and her family immigrated to the UK, it wasn't uncommon to find signs that read ROOMS FOR RENT. NO BLACKS IRISH OR DOGS. I love the dog part . Many of their first landlords where Jews. In your country Jews were very active in the civil rights movement and have continued, some were amongst founding members of the NAACP and have continued to support different causes.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:29 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,369,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
BTW, I'm going to start an anti-hate online petition in order to officially censure Jackie Mason, and I'd like all of you to sign it. We need to send a message that his kind of hatred towards Blacks, Arabs, Latinos, etc. will not be tolerated.
Hmmmm....What about all the hatred towards caucasians? I'd like you to sign that...will you?

Old 03-21-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGlenn View Post
No more racist then Eddie Murphy.

YouTube - eddie murphy raw white guys in club

or David Chappelle

YouTube - ****ed Up **** White People Did

Image the outrage there would be if a white comedian had a skit about the "f-word up s-word black people did."

and where is the outrage about this video?

YouTube - Hilarious White People Spelling Bee: ************
See...it's OK for blacks to be racist...but let one white person try it and all H*LL breaks loose.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGlenn View Post
Your obviously in denial.
Yes, Raggy is in complete denial!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities