Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 12:06 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,680,554 times

Advertisements

I remember writing something in 1991 (would have to dig it up) and commenting on how I envied F&R, and how they had the "right idea", because they were always professing their love for each other saying "we don't need rings, etc. to remind ourselves how much we love each other." (I was dealing with legally married folks never acting married at the time, hence the F&R comparison back then.)

While I don't follow what the celebs are doing, I certainly remember this (because of writing that back then.) Whatever happened with Ryan's issues and temper (I have NO idea; it's all news to me reading it on here) is most likely what finally broke them up. So I'd wager he's been most sincere since Farrah fell ill and put (whatever) demons aside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 12:32 AM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I really have to give it to Ryan. Not many men in Hollywood would have did what you did. You loved and stood by her until her last breath in city where people are in love today and gone tomorrow. A city where most men would have said "you are too old and too sick and I am leaving for a younger doll". You sir, are a class act and one hell of a good man!

He is awesome and I truly believe them two were soulmates. He loved her so so so so much and always will. She was one lucky gal to have found her true love indeed.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:11 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,284,201 times
Default figure it out people, TRY

Ryan O'Neal has a serious drug problem. He and Farrah's bastard child Redmond, also a drug addict, is in jail. Who cares what broke them up.

http://images.hollywoodgrind.com:900...l-mug-shot.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
Whatever happened with Ryan's issues and temper (I have NO idea; it's all news to me reading it on here) is most likely what finally broke them up. So I'd wager he's been most sincere since Farrah fell ill and put (whatever) demons aside.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:46 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
Ryan O'Neal has a serious drug problem. He and Farrah's bastard child Redmond, also a drug addict, is in jail. Who cares what broke them up.

I'd like to see your private life out on display for the entire public.

And then I'd LOVE it even more to read the nasty comments people made about your life choices, Mr./ Mrs. Perfect.

And I'd take being their "bastard child" over being yours ANY DAY!

Class. Some people have it and others get great pleasure out of being nasty and rude, while anonymously hiding behind a keyboard.

If you didn't like the man so much, you didn't have to post (multiple times) in a thread admiring him. Granted it's your opinion to have, but sometimes it's classier to just skip over a thread and keep your rude comments to yourself.

I thought that kind of life instruction was taught to us in kindergarten. Perhaps you were absent that day.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:59 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
I stand and applaud your post!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
I'd like to see your private life out on display for the entire public.

And then I'd LOVE it even more to read the nasty comments people made about your life choices, Mr./ Mrs. Perfect.

And I'd take being their "bastard child" over being yours ANY DAY!

Class. Some people have it and others get great pleasure out of being nasty and rude, while anonymously hiding behind a keyboard.

If you didn't like the man so much, you didn't have to post (multiple times) in a thread admiring him. Granted it's your opinion to have, but sometimes it's classier to just skip over a thread and keep your rude comments to yourself.

I thought that kind of life instruction was taught to us in kindergarten. Perhaps you were absent that day.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:31 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,594,558 times
It's pretty apparent Ryan was still in love with Farrah. She also stood by his side when he was sick. I loved his movie Papermoon and have emphathy for Tatum as she is around my age. She had a messed up childhood. I don't think she is making that up. Ryan and her natural mother were not the best parents..but we live what we learn don't we...and the cycle continues. Tatum described Farrah as being very cold to her and I also believe that. Probably didn't want to be bothered with someone elses kids...she was probably a little self centered.

Now Redmond has drug problems and I had heard recently Ryan was also involved with that. Sorry to say but he may have been indulging with him. It seems Ryan, Tatums biological mom, and all his kids have all had drug problems. Remember Griffin had Ryans anger management issues along with drug abuse. Ryan is someone I can cut some slack for because inside I think he probably doesn't know any better and we do the best we can.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:42 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
It's pretty apparent Ryan was still ... I think he probably doesn't know any better and we do the best we can.
Nonsense. Why make excuses for the guy? He's a mope and an opportunist. This is clear. Had he been more of a loving, caring, supportive man while Farrah was alive and well before she got sick, she might not have gotten sick. Self-preservation and the desire to keep himself in the spotlight is what drove this moron to uncharacteristically become the ultimate companion to a dying woman who he had previously abused.

Ryan "The Rat" O'Neal needs to disappear. His spotlight celebrity days are over.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:04 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Had he been more of a loving, caring, supportive man while Farrah was alive and well before she got sick, she might not have gotten sick.

LOL *snort*... I know you didn't just say had Ryan been more loving, Farah might not have gotten cancer. See how insane that sounds? Or maybe you don't.

Step away from the blow! That stuff will make ya post some crazy ish!!!!

Awww... gold*dust.. your post is so moving! Oh... wait... lemme go look at that other thread that you started about MJ. Yeah.. never mind, your words aren't so touching after all. Words of sentiment and caring flowing from the same mouth you just used to spit on someone with...

Last edited by canibeyou; 06-26-2009 at 03:05 AM.. Reason: Typos... is there any other excuse?!? :)

Old 06-26-2009, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
LOL *snort*... I know you didn't just say had Ryan been more loving, Farah might not have gotten cancer. See how insane that sounds? Or maybe you don't.

Step away from the blow! That stuff will make ya post some crazy ish!!!!

Awww... gold*dust.. your post is so moving! Oh... wait... lemme go look at that other thread that you started about MJ. Yeah.. never mind, your words aren't so touching after all. Words of sentiment and caring flowing from the same mouth you just used to spit on someone with...

Then I would say you are very one dimensional and rather naive and judgmental to boot, on a forum created to discuss and debate without making personal attacks of the forums members.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Nonsense. Why make excuses for the guy? He's a mope and an opportunist. This is clear. Had he been more of a loving, caring, supportive man while Farrah was alive and well before she got sick, she might not have gotten sick. Self-preservation and the desire to keep himself in the spotlight is what drove this moron to uncharacteristically become the ultimate companion to a dying woman who he had previously abused.

Ryan "The Rat" O'Neal needs to disappear. His spotlight celebrity days are over.
I'm not making excuses for him, just saying he is what he is. People could say Tatum is a piece of dogdoo because she chose drugs over her kids but she didn't fall too far from the ole apple tree.

Farrah would have to take her own responsibility for being involved with him if he was abusive to her, which I don't recall hearing of. She knew some of his faults evidenced by her refusal to marry him because he was controlling. For whatever reason I don't see Ryan as a monster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities