Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 04:12 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times

Advertisements

McNair's Girlfriend Distraught Over Love and Money

Friday, July 10, 2009

AP/Davidson County Sheriff via The Tennessean

Sahel Kazemi is shown in this undated booking photo from the Davidson County Sheriff.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. ā€” At just 19 years old, Sahel Kazemi thought she had it all: She was dating former NFL star Steve McNair, partying in VIP rooms and vacationing in Las Vegas.
When her family visited Nashville for her 20th birthday less than two months ago, they said she was very happy and planning to move in with McNair. She thought he was in the final stages of a divorce from his wife of 12 years.
Only there was no divorce. And Kazemi's happiness soon changed into something much darker.
Nashville police say in the days leading up to the murder-suicide, Kazemi saw another young woman leaving the condominium where she and McNair would soon be found dead. She was worried about money. She was arrested for DUI. She bought a gun and told a co-worker she was thinking about "ending it."

About two weeks before police say Kazemi killed McNair and herself, she poured out her troubles in a chance meeting with Vera Mosley Buckner, a customer at the Dave and Buster's restaurant where Kazemi worked. The young waitress asked Buckner, a stranger, if she could talk to her.

"She sat down in the booth in front of me and the first thing she said was, 'Have you ever been in love?"' said Buckner, of Decatur, Ala.
Kazemi then opened her heart.

"She said, 'I date Steve McNair.' ... And she said, 'We've been dating for eight months and we've been on all kinds of vacations, but lately he acts like he doesn't want to spend time with me and I don't know what to do."'
By sometime in the early hours of Fourth of July she had made up her mind.
Police say when McNair went to his downtown condo sometime between 1:30 and 2 a.m. on Saturday Kazemi's car was already there. He was sitting on the sofa, likely asleep, when she shot him twice in the head and twice in the chest. Then she sat down next to him, positioning herself so that she would fall into his lap, and shot herself.
Family and friends were shocked at the news, describing Kazemi as a sweet girl who did not have it in her to kill someone. They also said she would not have wanted to kill herself.
"She was enjoying her life," Nephew Farzin Abdi said. "She just had it made, you know, (with) this guy taking care of everything."
Abdi said Kazemi, who went by the name 'Jenni,' met McNair while working as a waitress at Dave and Buster's.
Restaurant manager Chris Truelove said of Kazemi, "She was pretty outgoing. A lot of the guests liked being around her, and she liked being around the guests."
She was also slender and curvy, with long black hair and an olive complexion. Her looks were compelling enough that Buckner's two daughters asked Kazemi to take a picture with them.
Kazemi told relatives that she refused McNair's advances at first. But soon they began dating, and before long he was at her apartment a couple of nights a week ā€” so often that neighbors thought he might be living there.
Abdi says McNair took Kazemi on vacations to Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Key West, Fla., and his home state of Mississippi. Pictures of the two parasailing together have surfaced on the celebrity Web site TMZ.com.
All that would have been exciting for any young woman, but it must have seemed unbelievable for Kazemi, who dropped out of high school and moved to Nashville from Florida with a boyfriend at age 17, sometimes working two or three jobs to support herself.
Born in Iran, she and her family were persecuted for their Baha'i faith, Abdi said.
When Kazemi was 9 her mother was murdered, according to an account her ex-boyfriend gave The Tennessean newspaper in Nashville. After that, the family fled to Turkey before settling in Florida.
Despite the tragedy of her childhood, she was relentlessly upbeat.
Asked to describe her personality, Abdi said, "She was a very energetic girl. She never got tired. She wanted to have fun all the time."
She was proud of the fact that she did not have to ask her family for money, and from what she told Abdi, McNair also liked her independence.
"He liked her so much because they would go shopping and stuff and she would want to spend her own money," Abdi said. "The reason he said he loves her is because she's not trying to use him like other girls. She was different from other girls he had been with."
But police say Kazemi was spiraling out of control in the days just before killing McNair and taking her own life ā€” although there was no suicide note.
Police said she had recently begun to suspect McNair was seeing another young woman. Kazemi had even followed that woman home, although she did not confront her.
And she was starting to get into financial trouble. Her roommate had recently moved out, doubling her rent. And she was making payments on a Kia as well as a Cadillac Escalade that she had said was a gift from McNair. The title was in both of their names.
She had been pulled over for DUI in that Escalade two days before Fourth of July. She had posted an ad on Craigslist to sell her furniture because, according to Abdi, she planned to move in with McNair.
Later on that Thursday, Kazemi purchased a 9 mm semiautomatic pistol for $100 from a man in the parking lot of the mall where she worked. The next day she told an associate, "My life is a ball of sā€”- and I should just end it."
That may be the last clue to what motivated her actions after she left work early and ended up at McNair's condo.
As police chief Ronal Serpas said, "It will never be known exactly what was on Kazemi's mind early Saturday morning."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 04:15 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
recently brought to my attention that most pro athletes are broke 5 years after retirement.
this poor man did not even get his few years of glory in the sun.
tragic. the cheating is a separate issue.
Sorry. No sympathy from me. This guy had more money ladled to him in a handful of years than most white-collar workers earn in a lifetime. What's more, like all other NFL players, he would have received a generous pension as well.

Nope. He pissed away his money, his marriage, and his life. If you want me to feel sorry for somebody, direct me to his wife. Because she's the one who will have to suffer.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Sorry. No sympathy from me. This guy had more money ladled to him in a handful of years than most white-collar workers earn in a lifetime. What's more, like all other NFL players, he would have received a generous pension as well.

Nope. He pissed away his money, his marriage, and his life. If you want me to feel sorry for somebody, direct me to his wife. Because she's the one who will have to suffer.

Add his FOUR sons to that list. "Hey how'd your dad die?"

"uhhh....shot to death by his girl friend....in their secret apartment...."

Man.....that is the last memory of their dad.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:16 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

ITA cpg!!! This guy played and he paid!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-11-2009, 11:48 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,298,217 times
I'm not judging, but if he had stayed at home with his wife or at least if he had gotten a divorce then spent more time with his woman he may have noticed she was nutty.

Either way, it is a very unfortunate situation. I wonder if his wife knew. I guess if he was gone for days at a time she suspected something. Plus this probably wasn't the first time he cheated.

He probably wanted a fling with a young hottie, figured he'd buy her a car and a few other items then toss her away for someone else. Instead he paid the unltimate price.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:57 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,298,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I don't put the value on animals over humans that a lot of folk seem to do these days.
Yeah, what's up with that? Aren't some of these athletes wife beaters and such yet no one bats an eye over it. Someone makes some dogs bite each other (very sick sport) and the court of public relations want to give him the electric chair.

We are officially in the 'pets as king' era.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
Yeah, what's up with that? Aren't some of these athletes wife beaters and such yet no one bats an eye over it. Someone makes some dogs bite each other (very sick sport) and the court of public relations want to give him the electric chair.

We are officially in the 'pets as king' era.

It's Krazy!

Old 07-12-2009, 08:56 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,680,238 times
Pets as King -- Maybe because the dumbassed humans can make choices, only to choose to put their hands on a hot stove over and over and over again. Guess people are overall sick-immune to the shocks of all the stupid human stunts and realize that the animals can't make the choices. In fact, these dogs/animals are, by far, less harmful to humans than other humans are.

We had a bumper sticker that said: The more people I meet, the more I love my pet.

Steve shouldn't have died.
More folks need to choose their humans more carefully. Shame the animals can't because they'd be smarter about it.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:28 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,065,277 times
This guy didn't deserve to be shot in the head when he was asleep like a dog. He was a man and I don't care that he was a celebrity or cheated on his wife he didn't deserve this. I am so sick of the self righteous people on this board that act like they are perfect. Life is a precious thing. His kids and his wife really didn't deserve this. What a tragedy. Men have to understand that young girls fall deep in love and games of the heart are just not worth it in the end.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:20 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
This guy didn't deserve to be shot in the head when he was asleep like a dog. He was a man and I don't care that he was a celebrity or cheated on his wife he didn't deserve this. I am so sick of the self righteous people on this board that act like they are perfect. Life is a precious thing. His kids and his wife really didn't deserve this. What a tragedy. Men have to understand that young girls fall deep in love and games of the heart are just not worth it in the end.
Thanks for saying it! I think if every man who is married remembered this case, there would be less cheating. I don't care how bad things are at home, having an affair will not improve your marriage. How is being with another woman solving the problem at home? It's not. Then to cheat with a younger woman even complicates things further, because she may not be savvy to all the techniques men use to get what they want. You don't know who is unstable nowadays.

I think every mother needs to tell her daughter what to look for in a man, and married to someone else isn't anywhere near the list. If a man says he's getting divorced, assume he's lying (which he probably is) and move on. There is bound to be a single man out there.

I feel sorry for Steve McNair's wife and 4 boys. They will forever have to deal with this, no matter how much time passes. Whenever talking about their dad, this story will come up and will overshadow anything any of the boys do in their lives. Especially if one of his sons goes into football. Instead of being compared solely to how his dad was on the field, he'll be compared to what his dad did on the field as well as off the field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities