Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 01:59 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
This interview just reiterates one thing: Joe is a leech, an ass, & an illiterate fool. It didn't help that his "buddy" Leonard Rowe both sounded like backwards, country ass fools. I'm sorry but I just have to be honest. This is such an embarrassment to black people. RIP MJ.
Amen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 02:02 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,522,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
He's on Larry King right now and is really showing his true self. What a piece of crap dad he is. What an opportunist.
You watch Larry King................

Old 07-21-2009, 02:23 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
This interview just reiterates one thing: Joe is a leech, an ass, & an illiterate fool. It didn't help that his "buddy" Leonard Rowe both sounded like backwards, country ass fools. I'm sorry but I just have to be honest. This is such an embarrassment to black people. RIP MJ.
Sing it sister! I thought it was a sad spectacle. Larry King wasn't his usual probative self, Joe Jackson was incoherent and stopped at one time to play with a cell phone in his pocket which befuddled Larry King so much he had to take a commercial break. Then that Rowe fellow seemed a nitwit. Man, what a cast of clowns that surrounded MJ, who is as much a victim of his entourage as was Anna Nicole Smith and Elvis Presley. It was so pitiful that I kept asking my wife to change the channel, but like someone watching body parts being shoveled into a bag at the site of a plane crash, she was mesmerized by the horror.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:27 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,096,881 times
Quote:
He's on Larry King right now and is really showing his true self. What a piece of crap dad he is. What an opportunist.
You're not talking about the British singer Joe Jackson are you?

Old 07-21-2009, 02:50 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,161,463 times
It would be (possibly) water under the bridge if he owned up to what he did. But he still reaches out to the media and acts like he's such a good father. BS!
He's an ass
a hypocrite
a liar
a child abuser

I don't care if he's an old man now. He's an old man who is still a jackass.
I don't think any of the children have let by gones be by gones. They just can't shut the old man up.
As for disrespect--respect is earned. he's done nothing that I'm aware of to be talked of or treated with respect. Just because he's anyone's father doesn't give him a pass.
I do ignore his sorry ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Mr. Jackson is an old man. Of course he will deny the beatings, in his time he and others thought it was normal. In fact, some still do. I gather he was very mean and strict on his kids. Michael and his brothers have let by gones be by gones, so I don't know why King was asking him about it. After all, he is their father. It's water under the bridge. And we should try not to disrespect Mr. Jackson because I know Michael wouldn't want us to. The best thing we could do is ignore him.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:24 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
When I hear the name "Joe Jackson" I immediately think of "Shoeless Joe Jackson" of the Chicago Black Sox scandal in 1920. Not that I am that old but I'm a baseball trivia buff and I refuse to let a monster like MJ's father interfere with that.

I don't know what's up with Larry King but his interviewing style is wimpy. He used to be pretty good, though.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:29 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,129 times
Quote:

Now everyone wonders why MJ was so screwed up in the head..... His father is one dirty son of a (you know...)

Old 07-21-2009, 08:30 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,253,049 times
I watched the recap of LK's interview with Joe Jackson last night. Larry had two guests on tonight that refuted both Jackson and Rowe. One guest told Larry he could see how frustrated Larry was during the interview (as mentioned by PP). One pointed out (can't remember exact words) that maybe Larry gave Joe and Rowe enough rope to hang themselves. Rowe is a complete low life. He is not concert promoter and Michael wanted nothing to do with either Rowe or his father regarding the "This is It" concerts. Apparently, Rowe called the one guest asking that he and Joe have some in the concert. The concert promotors (AEG?) contradicted the statements Rowe made that Michael was being manipulated. The movie based on the 100 hours of taped rehearsal footage will document that Michael was totally involved in every aspect of the concert. It will be released in October. Very good interview tonight.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:12 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Sing it sister! I thought it was a sad spectacle. Larry King wasn't his usual probative self, Joe Jackson was incoherent and stopped at one time to play with a cell phone in his pocket which befuddled Larry King so much he had to take a commercial break. Then that Rowe fellow seemed a nitwit. Man, what a cast of clowns that surrounded MJ, who is as much a victim of his entourage as was Anna Nicole Smith and Elvis Presley. It was so pitiful that I kept asking my wife to change the channel, but like someone watching body parts being shoveled into a bag at the site of a plane crash, she was mesmerized by the horror.
I watched the interview as well. Each time Joe Jackson has gotten on camera since MJ's death, it just gets more and more pathetic and painful to watch. I did laugh at his 'Bull S" insert, though.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:26 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,751,857 times
I missed this program. Anyway I can find the transcript for the show?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities