Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 07:13 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,569,257 times

Advertisements

Since this board is composed of many under 35 y.o.--and that is the demographic that normally goes to comedy clubs--I'd like to ask if you would go see someone like Grandma Lee at a comedy club? Or would the age of an older woman turn you off?
What is your opinion of someone who's so old like Grandma Lee doing stand-up?
Yes? No?
She's in pretty good shape, so she could last till age 90. And I'm sure she'll keep going, and, with this exposure, probably will be booked more. She has been working different contests and talent shows over the years if you find her biography on the internet.

So, would someone over 75 y.o. and a woman be worth your paying to see at a comedy club or festival? Opinions anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 12:58 PM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,903 times
I think she is funny and absolutely I would go to see her perform. Most comedians have some kind of signature that sets them apart and hers is her age. She could do a lot of jokes around that theme.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:21 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,569,257 times
Thanks for the response, Sandhillian. I have been wondering if her age would "put off" the college crowd and keep them from seeing her. I think she plays alot of contests and has something going in Vegas. Anyway, someone's booking her, but I wondered if people under 30 would like her.
There was a senior guy who had a routine and I saw him like 2 X on tv. He was an absolute riot, and alot of his jokes centered around his age. And then I never saw him again. I wish I had caught his name and I would have tracked him on the net. He was a riot..and I mean riot! He was younger than Grandma Lee, too, or looked younger anyway. She's pretty wrinkled for her age, but lives in Jacksonville, Florida. Granny's had too much sun I think. But I never ever vote or watch these shows on tv, but I did watch AGT...and I voted for her, too.

Old 09-19-2009, 04:46 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,903 times
Oops, sorry, I am over 30. I guess I didn't read your post carefully enough!

Old 09-19-2009, 06:32 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,898 times
I would go see her. I thought she was hilarious.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:55 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,458,443 times
I hope it's ok if I respond because I am waaaay past 30. But yes I would pay to see Grandma Lee and cheer her on for all the old folks who are expected to be some sort of rocking-chair jockeys just because they are no longer in their prime.

She is hilarious and writes her own material. I am still laughing about "religious beliefs" causing her marriage to break-up .

Old 09-20-2009, 12:28 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
Was she that old slumped over, shaky, looks like she's going to die any minute lady that lost out to the music group last week on AGT? I didnt see her perform, but I saw how she looked when they were announcing who continues in the competition and she looked like she was going to die at any second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities