Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 06:58 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,527,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
Yes, those cackling and babbling idiots still apparently have an audience. I think Kate Gosselin would make a perfect co-host with the likes of them.
She could certainly learn to be 'like them' if that is a goal. The verbal acuity of Whoopi Goldberg is well beyond Kate's grasp in this lifetime, imo.

I suppose Barbara Walters is still on the show and has decades of experience and Kate could learn 'a few things' from her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 07:05 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,354,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
"The View"? That garbage is still on the air?
Right on!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:44 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,606,670 times
I echo the cackling hen comments and KG ego needs a stiff kick in her a$$
Why people care about the G family is beyond me. I have never sat through a whole episode of their show. It's a pity they can live financially off all the attention, while others work themselves to the bone just to survive.

Kudo's to Gilda Radner for mocking BaBa Walters to a T. She is an over rated ratings hog!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:49 AM

36 posts, read 69,639 times
I don't watch the show. There was a clip on Yahoo and from what I saw there was no complaining or boo-hooing.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:56 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,527,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I echo the cackling hen comments and KG ego needs a stiff kick in her a$$
Why people care about the G family is beyond me. I have never sat through a whole episode of their show. It's a pity they can live financially off all the attention, while others work themselves to the bone just to survive.

Kudo's to Gilda Radner for mocking BaBa Walters to a T. She is an over rated ratings hog!
If you are a housewife/nurse from PA I suppose the Ladies of the View are important people. When the show started I noticed how different the views of my friends'/female and my own views on almost every topic were.

Not being consumed by political agendas we might differ from time to time but none of us held these women in high regard. I generally wanted to choke one or the other for the inane remarks that I assume they are highly paid to make.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:30 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
If you are a housewife/nurse from PA I suppose the Ladies of the View are important people. When the show started I noticed how different the views of my friends'/female and my own views on almost every topic were.

Not being consumed by political agendas we might differ from time to time but none of us held these women in high regard. I generally wanted to choke one or the other for the inane remarks that I assume they are highly paid to make.

someday some housewife/nurse may be taking care of you of you should ever wind up in an er/hospital-----so do not put down people's intelligence because of what tv they watch-----i bet there are intelligent people out there watching many tv programs that may seem idiotic to others(ie--ellen) for ex.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:35 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
Amen. I am so sick of this stupid woman and her boo-hooing. She needs to stay home and be a freaking mother instead of worrying about keeping her celebrity status at the expense of her children. The good news is that ratings are going down for that show, because most people are also sick of the Gosselins. Hopefully their contract will not be renewed much longer.

she needs to work,bring in big bucks to support the kids or would you prefer they all go on welfare when the money stops?
mr.father of the year will not be working--hence the wealthy,skanky girlfriend.

no nurses salary will support 8 kids--if she works 2-3 jobs,she'll hardly ever see them-----just a reality dose here

Old 09-16-2009, 01:41 PM

444 posts, read 800,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gone2long View Post
she needs to work,bring in big bucks to support the kids or would you prefer they all go on welfare when the money stops?
mr.father of the year will not be working--hence the wealthy,skanky girlfriend.

no nurses salary will support 8 kids--if she works 2-3 jobs,she'll hardly ever see them-----just a reality dose here
*gasp* you dare to say that Jon is not Father of the year?????

i don't know what people think. If she is comfortable as TV host, why the heck not?? Jon isn't doing anything but partying and hooking up with the nanny.....

At least she's trying to bring in an income.........i'm just saying....

Old 09-16-2009, 05:09 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,596,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gone2long View Post
the view won an emmy--so some people enjoy it
The Emmy isn't voted upon by the viewers. That's the "People's Choice Awards"

Old 09-16-2009, 07:35 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,083,363 times
Don't really care about Jon & Kate. Only really noticed them since the split rumors. I think she holds her own on the show and is doing better than expected. Just don't get way she is still wearing her wedding ring? If I were divorcing that would be the first thing removed. I hope her appearance on the show doesn't give her another show that she might host. Hopefully, she just gets a check and moves on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities