Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 07:24 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,508,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone2long View Post
look again----and bash the right person---it was JON doing the dog fiasco!
OK. sigh--He said Kate kept the dogs crated while he wasn't there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 07:30 AM

134 posts, read 343,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I know I shouldn't assume/jump to conclusions but this indicates that the kids are frequently put in a position of taking sides between Jon and Kate.

What could you feel as a child?

Dad is taking the dogs away but Mom didn't want them in the first place. It's confusing and you resent both Mom and Dad and begin to wonder if as they probably have said, this is your fault--there were times when you/child didn't care for the dogs as you should have. I don't know but would imagine they already have some anxiety about similar scenarios.
I think I already see little snippets of comments where the kids are put in the middle of mom and dad.

In a recent show, either Cara or Maddie said "Mom's not here. Now we can do whatever we want."

and another show, one of the boys said, "Mom, its a whole lot more fun when you're home." I think it was the outside movie/popcorn episode.

It sounds like a typical thing a child with divorcing parents would say. How sad they would have to notice such things. With more than 50% of children in the US who already experience living with only one biological parent, it's not surprising how many people still tune into the show.

I guess the bottom line would be.... if you're whole family is on a sinking ship, which parent would be there risking their own life saving their family and whilch parent would jump off the ship and save themself.

I still wonder why Jon couldn't take his dogs with him to NY? He's got a security team, a fashion consultant, a team for public relations, a few babysitters, etc. Why not a dog sitter?

He says "Kate will not take care of the dogs so.." he has to take them back to the breeder (?) Did the woman he dispise order him to do it and he still listens to her controlling ways?

it seems more logical for Kate not to want Kate + 10 (8 kids 2 dogs) while Jon + 1 = 2 teens in love.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:16 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,136,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTess View Post
I think I already see little snippets of comments where the kids are put in the middle of mom and dad.

In a recent show, either Cara or Maddie said "Mom's not here. Now we can do whatever we want."

and another show, one of the boys said, "Mom, its a whole lot more fun when you're home." I think it was the outside movie/popcorn episode.

It sounds like a typical thing a child with divorcing parents would say. How sad they would have to notice such things. With more than 50% of children in the US who already experience living with only one biological parent, it's not surprising how many people still tune into the show.

I guess the bottom line would be.... if you're whole family is on a sinking ship, which parent would be there risking their own life saving their family and whilch parent would jump off the ship and save themself.

I still wonder why Jon couldn't take his dogs with him to NY? He's got a security team, a fashion consultant, a team for public relations, a few babysitters, etc. Why not a dog sitter?

He says "Kate will not take care of the dogs so.." he has to take them back to the breeder (?) Did the woman he dispise order him to do it and he still listens to her controlling ways?

it seems more logical for Kate not to want Kate + 10 (8 kids 2 dogs) while Jon + 1 = 2 teens in love.
would love to rep you for this but CD WON'T LET ME!----YOU MAKE SENSE!

Old 09-19-2009, 02:09 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,212,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTess View Post

I like your analogy.
I still don't get why Jon moved to NYC. Unless he really is "working" there. Is that where Hailey lives?

Old 09-19-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I like your analogy.
I still don't get why Jon moved to NYC. Unless he really is "working" there. Is that where Hailey lives?
YES--he also said in an interview that he wants the excitement of living in new york---guess being close to your children and spending one on one time with them like a lot of divorced dads do isn't enough (especially if you're trying to get back your 20's)

Old 09-19-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone2long View Post
YES--he also said in an interview that he wants the excitement of living in new york---guess being close to your children and spending one on one time with them like a lot of divorced dads do isn't enough (especially if you're trying to get back your 20's)
Ya. He complained, must have been the Prime Time interview he did, about driving all the way from NYC back to the house at 4:30 am when it was his turn That's the choice he made.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:58 PM

730 posts, read 2,256,524 times
As far as the dogs- If these two were putting their kids first and not so busy being evil to one another-they would be striving to create solid routine & a sense of normalcy during their divorce.The divorce is trauma enough for the kids. Can't they let their emotions & surroundings settle down just a little before they do something like get rid of the family pets?

Deal with the divorce/living situation first-then if you MUST get rid of the dogs later because of all this at once is TOO much for small children!!

My opinion is they could manage the dogs at least until later but this is just another chance to hurt the other party. What will they get in the end? 8 REALLY screwed up kids. You may not be a husband or a wife, but PLEASE be a parent.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEM1226 View Post
As far as the dogs- If these two were putting their kids first and not so busy being evil to one another-they would be striving to create solid routine & a sense of normalcy during their divorce.The divorce is trauma enough for the kids. Can't they let their emotions & surroundings settle down just a little before they do something like get rid of the family pets?

Deal with the divorce/living situation first-then if you MUST get rid of the dogs later because of all this at once is TOO much for small children!!

My opinion is they could manage the dogs at least until later but this is just another chance to hurt the other party. What will they get in the end? 8 REALLY screwed up kids. You may not be a husband or a wife, but PLEASE be a parent.
I DON'T THINK mr.hair plugs,missing my 20's is able to focus on parenting---only on getting back at the ex----if he cared bout the kids none of that immature behavior would have made constant front page news

Old 09-21-2009, 01:11 PM

556 posts, read 2,089,050 times
Honestly - the moment I heard they were getting these two puppies, I wondered how long it would be before they were rehomed. Personally, I almost wish they had been surrendered to a breed specific rescue group, instead of being returned to the breeder, since this so called 'breeder' should have seen the writing on the wall, BEFORE those puppies ever left his home. I suspect though the breeder 'might' have actually had a clause in their contract stating they had to bring them back if they couldn't keep them.

I don't know of many COE breeders who place/sell TWO puppies in the same home, particularly one with as many small children as this home has. Adding to that - hearing Kate openly state how she did NOT want these dogs, that should have stopped that process before it got started. If everyone in the home isn't 100% on board - no puppy should have left in their car. A simple visit to help socialize those cute little puppies would have done nicely....not much different than the visit they made to feed the chickens and ride on a hay wagon.

I don't care 'who' decided to return the dogs......it was a decision that most of us in dog rescue could see happening long before it did.....it might actually be one of the few 'smart' decisions made thus far as well

Old 09-21-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottnboys View Post
Honestly - the moment I heard they were getting these two puppies, I wondered how long it would be before they were rehomed. Personally, I almost wish they had been surrendered to a breed specific rescue group, instead of being returned to the breeder, since this so called 'breeder' should have seen the writing on the wall, BEFORE those puppies ever left his home. I suspect though the breeder 'might' have actually had a clause in their contract stating they had to bring them back if they couldn't keep them.

I don't know of many COE breeders who place/sell TWO puppies in the same home, particularly one with as many small children as this home has. Adding to that - hearing Kate openly state how she did NOT want these dogs, that should have stopped that process before it got started. If everyone in the home isn't 100% on board - no puppy should have left in their car. A simple visit to help socialize those cute little puppies would have done nicely....not much different than the visit they made to feed the chickens and ride on a hay wagon.

I don't care 'who' decided to return the dogs......it was a decision that most of us in dog rescue could see happening long before it did.....it might actually be one of the few 'smart' decisions made thus far as well
very good point. Even when I was working with a no-kill cat shelter, we made applicants answer lots of questions about how the cat would be cared for, in door or out, do you travel a lot, etc. Some people were denied. Maybe the breeder is more about making $$. I hope not, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities