Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 05:41 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,284,688 times

Advertisements

I have been pondering this all week and am not sure what to think. Michael changed so much in the late 80s. I never accepted the excessive plastic surgery and became less of a fan in the 90s. I found this fansite full of pictures Michael Jackson Fans Square :: Galleria di Immagini :: MJ & VIPS and sure, it is him and he does look the same..... yet there is are some hard to understand facts that I have never been able to reconcile. Michael looks a LOT taller in many of these pictures, when in fact during the Thriller era he was a short lithe dancer. He never had a towering or imposing, scary type of presence. Some of that is attributed to the plastic surgery but you have to admit, in many of the photos he just plain looks taller. There is an online debate on how tall Michael really was. I say he was no taller than 5'8" or 9. There is no way he was 5'11". Look at the pictures of Michael with Diana Ross. He's a short guy.
Admittedly, he looks the same height as Diana in recent pictures.

The late 80s is what changed Michael, along with all the ridiculous plastic surgery. He became a narcissistic effing freak, what with all the hype around his celebrity. Michael lost his charm. To me the late 80s and 90s Michael really is a different person. A charmless effing freak.

YouTube - michael jackson face change

YouTube - Michael Jackson - Off The Wall Live (Bad Tour In Yokohama)
The problem of being part of the "party people night and day"......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 06:10 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,612,996 times
Well, he did get caught in a fire.

There is a story made into a film on Elvis called Bubba Ho-Tep.
Basically Elvis wanted out and traded lives with a stranger, Elvis is telling the story from a retirement home

Old 09-26-2009, 06:14 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,067,624 times
OMG this is such a silly thread.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:01 PM

Sure but try to understand where I am coming from. I was a fan of MJ from 1979, the Off the Wall era. Michael was such a different person in the early 80s, so quiet and professional. It seemed he could do no wrong. His whole tone, appearance and career changed in the late 80s and early 90s, leading to accusations of child molestation and the eventual demise of everything he had been before. I was in college when the Jordan Chandler thing hit. At that point I was post MJ, over him. Not really a fan. Since his death I've asked a lot of questions, though it is obvious that it's all pointless. Michael changed because he wanted to, period. It's a shame, he had it all.

YouTube - USA for Africa - We Are The World (w/M.Jackson) + Lyrics HQ

It is cheesy and silly true. This is the MJ I grew up with in the early 80s. He wanted to set himself apart and to be a real, true supersonic superstar. He did that, but it cost him his life. My God those baby boomers are some cheesy people. "We're saving our own lives" ?? MJ was in top form before the Pepsi accident. Try to understand where I am coming from. If this was all you had ever seen of or heard of Michael Jackson would you call him a child molesting freak worthy of your everlasting hate?? You all who have softened and forgiven Michael, remember that this was his image the last 15 years. When I speculate about 2 Michaels it's because he was so different before. Or was he??

YouTube - Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
When I hear this I am 8 years old and on the way to ballet. These are some very slick moves, I wish he had kept them. The man was bad to the bone. Michael did not want to be this person, this cool black man. Which is too bad because I liked him better then.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:59 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,067,624 times
Ok, here is the thing. Like all of us MJ made his own mistakes that he had to live with. People grow, change and sometimes become different people altogether. That is called life. He didn't let too many people into his inner-circle and the ones that were around probably didn't know the real MJ as well. The guy is gone and not off on the beach somewhere sipping margaritas. Let it go and move on.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:06 PM

The theory in the link I provided in OP suggests that the "real" MJ died in the 80s and was replaced, not that MJ is alive somewhere. Well it also offers that as a possibility but that is not what this thread is about.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:46 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
The theory in the link I provided in OP suggests that the "real" MJ died in the 80s and was replaced, not that MJ is alive somewhere. Well it also offers that as a possibility but that is not what this thread is about.
Oh please! I was going to question why are you calling MJ a "freak" but if you believe that crap you just said, then I won't even bother. Lord have mercy!

Old 09-28-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Oh please! I was going to question why are you calling MJ a "freak" but if you believe that crap you just said, then I won't even bother. Lord have mercy!
I don't believe it, I posted it because there are some interesting theories floating around online about Michael. I've stated my case, that he changed SO MUCH from late 70s/80s to 2000s that it would be great if there were 2 Michaels. In defense of the bizarro theory, Michael does look A LOT taller in certain pictures, and was said to be 5'11" in his Gavin Arvizo arrest mugshot. The 1980s MJ was no taller than 5'9".

Old 09-28-2009, 10:59 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Have you ever heard of heels? He didn't wear flats all the time.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:05 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
I hope everyone who takes the time to read and/or comment on this thread will please read the link below, you really have to read it through and think about it, you might just be blown away.

I ran across this over the weekend while reading online about swine flu. I've looked at the plastic surgery pics in Allure showing Michael's "transformation" and it is eerie--- it really does seem as though Michael "changed", like the media has been telling us for 25 years, that he was "addicted to plastic surgery".

I will be 39 next month and was 12-13 when Thrilled hit. It has perplexed me all these years, the allegations of child molestion, drug use, and bizarre behavior, which does not fit with the MJ I remember from the late 70s early 80s who was super cool.

Read the link, decide for yourself and please comment!
TheConspiracyZone: (UPDATE) WERE THERE TWO MICHAEL JACKSONS? WAS HIS DEATH A BIG HOAX? ...WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MICHAEL JACKSON TRAGEDY? READ THE END OF THIS ARTICLE AND FIND OUT... (http://theconspiracyzone.podcastpeople.com/posts/33424 - broken link)
It is an interesting idea.

I think there might be some merit to this. Michael was over 400 million dollars in debt with no hope of digging himself out in this lifetime (he spent it as quickly as he made it). Despite what you see on the "trailer" there are reports that he was not physically up to the "comeback" performances, certainly, not all of them.

When I saw videos of him at the press conference for "this is it", I did not recognize the man. They attributed the difference in his features to his "weight loss" but he did not appear significantly thinner than I had seen him before - not at all. He looked like a caricature of himself. I could not believe it was he I was looking at.

Did you notice also, during the "trailer" how LOW his voice was when he spoke? Even at the press conference he spoke in a voice that was considerably lower than I had ever heard come out of his mouth before. It all seemed surreal to me.

I think, that with today's technology and a lot of support that he could easily have faked the whole thing. I think the whole thing could have been planned and orchestrated to not only take him off the hook for the tour, but to boost his estate's income so that his debts would be taken care of. It was said that (like Elvis), he would make a lot more money NOW than when he was alive.

I believe it is infinitely possible and highly probable. I still cannot believe that the person at that news conference was him. Nobody looks that different, sounds that different, walks that different. It would be an amazing feat, but not something that he couldn't pull off. I'm sure we'll never know.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities