Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 09:31 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
No doubt she's trying to keep the gravy train going too. She knows her future employment depends upon her being viewed sympathetically - she just figured it out sooner than Jon....they are both idiots.

This and the last post are right on point.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 09:35 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
You could talk about these two endlessly, there really fine, and of course
money will be an issue. I knew Kate would come out with the better end of the deal,
inspite of all the negativity around her in the beginning. IMO she'll be in the public
eye and successful, with or without the the TLC program, she's outspoken and has
the personality for it.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:47 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Your joking??? Do you really think this family is welfare eligible??
Let me give you the 411, their millionaires, Jon doesn't have to work
another day in his life, between his earnings so far, depending on the life style,
with Kates earnings, he'll get a percent and theres still plenty for her and the kids.
The home is 95% solar energy, they don't even have an electric bill.
You really underestimate this family, they don't need TLC, its gravy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTess View Post
What if Jon got his way and the kids were not allowed on TV anymore, Kate can't get a job to afford the lifestyle and their assets diminish to nil.

Kate could always stay home with the 8 kiddos and collect welfare while Jon is forced to work giving up somewhere near 50% of his income or face jail time?

This past week, TLC ran the episode again where Jon says those were "his dogs" and then he expects Kate to take up the responsibility for them when he leaves them there instead of hiring a pet sitter. According to what he said on Larry King, Jon didn't speak to Kate for 3 weeks when he decided Kate wasn't taking care of his dogs so he was sending them back to the breeder. He doesn't make very much sense.

Last edited by virgode; 10-01-2009 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: pging/addition

Old 10-02-2009, 12:12 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
JustTess, I sincerely doubt the scenario you portrayed will happen

regardless of his motives, I can't see anything wrong w/ filming being halted at this point. hell, it should have been done much sooner and w/o the help of a lawyer. Jon and Kate should have voluntarily postponed/canceled filming. these kids are going through a very rough time right now and I'm sure the last thing they need is a camera crew following them around everywhere. give them, the kids, some peace!

Old 10-02-2009, 05:46 AM

134 posts, read 342,949 times
I doubt it would happen, though there is a slight possibility with the rash personal and business decissions. They are wealthy enough to get sued now.

Kate does seem to be trying to promote her personality without the children. It seems like she's trying to make the right decision in a better direction. Most of the shows on lately look like they filmed Kate on one outing a week and it wasn't the whole bunch of kiddos. Regardless of the film crew, these kids will always be looked at whenever they are in public from the first day they were born. Maybe TLC can do a couple of childless shows with just Kate in the meantime. She could visit the Duggards

I hope they can finalize whatever they need and move on so the family can start building upwardly instead of spirialing down.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:01 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
From the interview with Jon/and his attorney on Larry King last night I wonder what is really going on.

Jon's attorney was clear that they were presenting their case to the 'court of public opinion'. Jon went on to say, 'Kate must focus on our family and communicate with me more effectively'--apparently they are only able to discuss decisions via text messages.

I came away with the impression that Jon has a vindictive streak and I don't buy his 'I am a parent and must make appropriate decisions for my children's welfare'. He said, 'I had an epiphany and realized I needed to make changes, act like a man...' I noted a tinge of sarcasm.

He also stated that he didn't get along with TLC executives who had seemingly tried to 'control' him since the marital problems became public. One incident--he was to receive the motorcycle featured in an episode and TLC responded that if he 'behaved' he would receive it in a year or so. That is probably the sort of epiphany he had--thoroughly enraged by his diminished role on TV and IRL

Old 10-02-2009, 08:14 AM

444 posts, read 799,416 times
Jon had to go on Larry King with his LAWYER??? He wasn't man enough to face Larry by himself?? Did Kate have her lawyer there when she was on?? I am so sick of him and all his lame excuses to justify his childishly innapropriate behavior. This is just sour grapes on his part.

Perhaps if he stopped bedding the nannies, hooking up with skanky girls, partying all night, and put his focus on getting a job.........nah, that would be too logical......people might not think he was a total *******.

Kate's no saint, but she's at least working in a positive manner to be employed....

Old 10-02-2009, 08:20 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi~mi View Post
Jon had to go on Larry King with his LAWYER??? He wasn't man enough to face Larry by himself?? Did Kate have her lawyer there when she was on?? I am so sick of him and all his lame excuses to justify his childishly innapropriate behavior. This is just sour grapes on his part.

Perhaps if he stopped bedding the nannies, hooking up with skanky girls, partying all night, and put his focus on getting a job.........nah, that would be too logical......people might not think he was a total *******.

Kate's no saint, but she's at least working in a positive manner to be employed....
Jon showed how much of an idiot he is by his post-separation and divorce behavior.......he obviously was the more sympathetic one on tv, everyone knew how much of an evil, mentally ill shrew Kate is. But then Jon went out and became Senor Supercreep, and now everyone is on Kate's side.

As far as Kate "working in a positive manner,".........Kate is out to make Kate look good. Bottom line.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:26 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
I'm not buying that Jon "changed" over night....I think Jon probably behaved like a little boy all along...Now he's just acting like a spoiled adolescent....perhaps someday he'll be a grown up. Kate does not seem to be a pleasant person but at least she is smart enough to behave as an adult....

Old 10-02-2009, 08:40 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
From the interview with Jon/and his attorney on Larry King last night I wonder what is really going on.

Jon's attorney was clear that they were presenting their case to the 'court of public opinion'. Jon went on to say, 'Kate must focus on our family and communicate with me more effectively'--apparently they are only able to discuss decisions via text messages.

I came away with the impression that Jon has a vindictive streak and I don't buy his 'I am a parent and must make appropriate decisions for my children's welfare'. He said, 'I had an epiphany and realized I needed to make changes, act like a man...' I noted a tinge of sarcasm.

He also stated that he didn't get along with TLC executives who had seemingly tried to 'control' him since the marital problems became public. One incident--he was to receive the motorcycle featured in an episode and TLC responded that if he 'behaved' he would receive it in a year or so. That is probably the sort of epiphany he had--thoroughly enraged by his diminished role on TV and IRL
you're seeing him for what he is---an insensitive loser
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities