Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:52 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,800,032 times

Advertisements

Word is Jon has asked to put a halt to the filming - something about it being detrimental to his family. I cannot stop laughing - those poor children. As proof that I could not make this drivel up:

Z on TV: Jon Gosselin reportedly tells TLC: Stop filming - Sun critic David Zurawik writes about the business, culture and craziness of television - baltimoresun.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 11:55 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
This is simply Jon's way of saying "if my name is not on it and I'm not getting the influx of cash for it then it's not going to happen"...if he was truly concerned about the kids, he would behave himself, move closer to them and not call the film crew to show them giving away the dogs....
That being said, I think the show should have ended quite some time ago.....

Old 10-01-2009, 12:10 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
This is simply Jon's way of saying "if my name is not on it and I'm not getting the influx of cash for it then it's not going to happen"...if he was truly concerned about the kids, he would behave himself, move closer to them and not call the film crew to show them giving away the dogs....
That being said, I think the show should have ended quite some time ago.....
Think of the drama that goes on inside the house.

If I were Kate's attorney I would be certain to retain an expert witness who could evaluate how Jon's efforts affect the children.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:11 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
Word is Jon has asked to put a halt to the filming - something about it being detrimental to his family. I cannot stop laughing - those poor children. As proof that I could not make this drivel up:

Z on TV: Jon Gosselin reportedly tells TLC: Stop filming - Sun critic David Zurawik writes about the business, culture and craziness of television - baltimoresun.com
The part about the ratings is interesting. I was wondering how many people were still watching.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:14 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
TLC should have changed the program's name to "Exploiting Eight."

Old 10-01-2009, 12:22 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
ya know, whatever the reason, I don't blame Jon for wanting to stop the show. The house is half his, the kids are half his, and they've seemingly just dropped him from the show. There would need to be some kind of deal worked out for the "use" of his half of the house and kids.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:28 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
ya know, whatever the reason, I don't blame Jon for wanting to stop the show. The house is half his, the kids are half his, and they've seemingly just dropped him from the show. There would need to be some kind of deal worked out for the "use" of his half of the house and kids.
Exactly - I'm guessing his tune will change as soon as he is compensated for use of his portion of the house...

Old 10-01-2009, 12:44 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
He wants a better deal? The articles state that Jon has a contract with TLC---it would certainly seem to me that negotiations have been ongoing since J &K announced the divorce.

It would be difficult to convince me that TLC and the principle parties don't have a long range plan. At some point viewers will move on to something 'New' and the kids will grow and change. If there had been no extraordinary marital issues I don't think the show would have had more than a year left.

I saw a new episode ---a trip to purchase fresh produce, then cook it and eat it, play board games and take Cara to have her foot Xrayed.

I think enough people will continue to watch to make the filming worthwhile.

There is really not much to see.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:52 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Think of the drama that goes on inside the house.

If I were Kate's attorney I would be certain to retain an expert witness who could evaluate how Jon's efforts affect the children.

how could this be anything but negative---this smacks of meaness--bet he did not have a family discussion bout this like most supportive parents----didn't he do the same bout removing the pets---NONE of his prior decisions showed concern for the kids---a residence 100 miles away,getting skanky women to babysit on his weekends---will NEVER understand how anyone could believe or support this narcisstic poor excuse for a man!

Old 10-01-2009, 09:21 PM

134 posts, read 342,949 times
What if Jon got his way and the kids were not allowed on TV anymore, Kate can't get a job to afford the lifestyle and their assets diminish to nil.

Kate could always stay home with the 8 kiddos and collect welfare while Jon is forced to work giving up somewhere near 50% of his income or face jail time?

This past week, TLC ran the episode again where Jon says those were "his dogs" and then he expects Kate to take up the responsibility for them when he leaves them there instead of hiring a pet sitter. According to what he said on Larry King, Jon didn't speak to Kate for 3 weeks when he decided Kate wasn't taking care of his dogs so he was sending them back to the breeder. He doesn't make very much sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities