Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 12:36 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If Hollywood was smart they would just get the legal age of consent lowered to 13. Problem solved.
I think one poster in this thread in particular would be delighted if that ever happened, and would probablty leave behind a condensation trail in his haste to get here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 12:46 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
He is SCUM for running. He knew he was guilty and guilty as hell. If he didn't realize she was underage then why did he ask permission from her mother to take photos of her. But here I have to question the mom and though it was probably traumatic on her after realizing what she had done but WHY did she leave her daughter there alone to start with? I would have stayed. Then again back then we thought everything was a lot safer than what we realize nowadays.

I can totally understand the victim not wanting to have to rehash it all now w/ her family (husband and children). She has moved on and able to have a family life. She probably forgave him on her own just so she could get on with her life and try to be normal and function. If she didn't she would have been messed up her entire life. Even those whose abusers do get the jail time and don't flee have to come to terms w/ what happened to them and find some form of forgive them of what they did just so they can function in everyday life from then on out. She has been able to do that and doesn't want to relive it. Totally understand that.

However, he needs to pay. If the scumbag doesn't want to serve jail time then make him give a HUGE chunk of change to abuse victims help groups. Take that money and put it towards caring for rape victims (and yes even rape-rape victims) and the care they are going to need. But the scumbag still needs to pay for what he did somehow. Being in Auschwitz isn't enough to pay back for what he did to her. Two different things, sorry. He RAN and he knew he was going to flee in order to keep from being in prison. He didn't care what kind of prison he put his victims in. SCUMBAG! And those that defend him are just as bad including Whoopie.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:44 PM

985 posts, read 2,600,893 times
How can Whoopi say it's not really rape? According to Wikipedia, he drugged and had intercourse with a 13 year old girl after she resisted. If that's not rape I don't know what is.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
How can Whoopi say it's not really rape? According to Wikipedia, he drugged and had intercourse with a 13 year old girl after she resisted. If that's not rape I don't know what is.
Even his dead wifes sister is saying it was "consensual". She went on the Today show and claimed that the GIRL consented to it. RIGHT! Wonder how she would feel if it were HER daughter that this happened to.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Even his dead wifes sister is saying it was "consensual". She went on the Today show and claimed that the GIRL consented to it. RIGHT! Wonder how she would feel if it were HER daughter that this happened to.
This whole thing just really turns my stomach!!

A minor can not "consent" to any act including sexual realtions.

The fact that some of the Hollywood "Elite" have no problem that a 44 year old man drugged and boozed a 13 year old girl then had vaginal, oral and anal sex with her says all we need to know about the morals of these people.

No great surprise that Woody Allen was one of the first to sign the "Free Polanski" petition.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:04 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
It has nothing to do with liberal. Hollywood lives by their own rules. They are so detached from reality that I don't think most of them can even be classified as liberal/conservative.
As far as I am concerned, a few well-placed nukes to eliminate hollywood would be the best solution to this problem.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:11 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Roman Polanski and Woody Allen, I have one word for the two of them "strange"

Old 09-30-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
As far as I am concerned, a few well-placed nukes to eliminate hollywood would be the best solution to this problem.
That would not work as some of them are too busy running around the globe trying to do "humanitarin" work by adopting kids. Only way to gather them into one place would be to hold some big benefit where they would be promised their mugs would make the front page of every newspaper in the world.

Alas, they would just be replaced by more people that are not there that have the same messed up beliefs.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This whole thing just really turns my stomach!!

A minor can not "consent" to any act including sexual realtions.

The fact that some of the Hollywood "Elite" have no problem that a 44 year old man drugged and boozed a 13 year old girl then had vaginal, oral and anal sex with her says all we need to know about the morals of these people.

No great surprise that Woody Allen was one of the first to sign the "Free Polanski" petition.
I'm with you.

Let me just say that as the mother of girls if one of them had this happen to them I'd be the one on trial. He never would have gotten the chance to flee. What he did is disgusting beyond belief. There is NO EXCUSE in the book that covers what he did.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:42 PM

515 posts, read 716,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
I bet good money that if the 13 year old victim was black, that butt-ugly racist hag would be screaming for Polanski's blood.

She really sickens me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities