Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 07:09 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,619,842 times

Advertisements

Who cares
whats one more....

Last edited by virgode; 10-01-2009 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: tyoing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 08:39 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,525,130 times
Unlike most famous couples who have nannies raising their children, Angie and Brad are very hands on parents. There are photos all the time of one or the other taking this or that child fun places. I just saw a photo of Brad taking Maddox to The Lion King on Broadway. I think these are very loved and very well cared for children. When one of them is working on a movie the other cares for the children and flies to visit the other spouse with the children etc.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:41 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,190,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Unlike most famous couples who have nannies raising their children, Angie and Brad are very hands on parents. There are photos all the time of one or the other taking this or that child fun places. I just saw a photo of Brad taking Maddox to The Lion King on Broadway. I think these are very loved and very well cared for children. When one of them is working on a movie the other cares for the children and flies to visit the other spouse with the children etc.
oh please......for real.......do you think they don't have nannies?
PR shots, clearly

Old 10-01-2009, 11:39 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,342,436 times
yeah I would think they have several nannies and housekeepers. They are doing the PR work to make it look as if they are hard working parents. It's all part of an image...

Old 10-02-2009, 08:10 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,059,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
did anyone hear that angelina jolie-pitt is pregnant again?
Are these two married yet , or are they still sending out the message you can have a Boat-load of children without any real commitment ... as in LIFELONG MARRIAGE ? People should boycott their movies until they do what is RIGHT --- or is that being too 'intolerant' to expect such a basic thing of another ?

Old 10-02-2009, 08:16 AM

444 posts, read 800,994 times
They stated they won't marry until marriage is legal for all. But, come on, enough is enough with the kids. But I guess if they can support them, let them pop out all they want.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi~mi View Post
They stated they won't marry until marriage is legal for all. But, come on, enough is enough with the kids. But I guess if they can support them, let them pop out all they want.
No, sorry.... theres a good reason why children are supposed to be brought into the world thru a Marriage ; not into anything else. Further, who is REALLY looking after and raising all these kids they are collecting ? You can bet some Nanny is playing Mom and Dad to them all. Their excuse 'till marriage is legal for all' ... is a coverup for : "Shackin' Up lends a lower commitment to each other in case one of us want to bail out should we become unhappy or get too stressed out from all the glamour and glitter of being in the LimeLight " .

Old 10-02-2009, 09:00 AM

3,824 posts, read 8,770,214 times
RVLover.

Explain something to me, please. Why is it so important for them to be married if they aren't even raising the kids? You're annoyed they are creating a family out of wedlock and yet also really annoyed that these kids are being taken care of. Are you aware that half the kids are adopted? Do you really think it better that those kids remain in a third world orphanage rather than be adopted into a family (albeit a nontraditional one)?

And FWIW, yes I do think the nannies play a huge part. But I also get the distinct impression that Brad and Angelina are very involved with their kids. Do they hand off the diaper changing and keep the bedtime stories for themself? Sure. But honestly wouldn't most people who had the chance?

Oh and if you're going to be holding up children born in wedlock being so much better off, could you share your thoughts on that fabulous family unit that Jon and Kate put together?

Old 10-02-2009, 10:23 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,083,753 times
They should get married IMHO. But if they don't I won't be loosing sleep over it. Brad doesn't stay in relationships too long and they have too many kids at this point not to get married. I'm looking at it from a legal standpoint. If he dies she just can't go in and put any claims to anything just because she has kids with him. She is not is next of kin while unwed and being a domestic partner doesn't entitle her to much of anything. Since she has had all those kids what happens if she can no longer work and he chooses to move on (and I believe one day he will leave her)? She won't get much of anything again. They aren't getting married because of equal rights crap is just ridiculous. Brad probably saw how expensive his last divorce was and how complicated it was to split up assets that he didn't ever want to be married again.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
RVLover.

Explain something to me, please. Why is it so important for them to be married if they aren't even raising the kids? You're annoyed they are creating a family out of wedlock and yet also really annoyed that these kids are being taken care of. Are you aware that half the kids are adopted? Do you really think it better that those kids remain in a third world orphanage rather than be adopted into a family (albeit a nontraditional one)?

And FWIW, yes I do think the nannies play a huge part. But I also get the distinct impression that Brad and Angelina are very involved with their kids. Do they hand off the diaper changing and keep the bedtime stories for themself? Sure. But honestly wouldn't most people who had the chance?

Oh and if you're going to be holding up children born in wedlock being so much better off, could you share your thoughts on that fabulous family unit that Jon and Kate put together?
In order :

1. A Marriage is the best environment for kids to be raised in. Plus it shows them things like REAL Love for a lifetime WITH real commitment ...instead of Shackin Up which is based on feelings that waver along with a partially open Exit Door.

2. Until both People are prepared to raise their children themselves FULL TIME, then they should not have kids. The kids deserve that much and require it. A Nanny doesnt fit the bill. Shes just someone who is made a convenience of so the 'Parents' can go off and do their fame and prestige thing.

3. Changing diapers is all part of the bonding experience and it shows the level of love and caring regardless of the disdainful act involved.

4. John and Kate shouldnt have had ANY kids because they knew their marriage wasnt going too well , plus neither are able to handle the stress of raising 8 small children. You dont keep bringing kids into the world when youre marriage is unstable and not what it should be. They lack wisdom too. Now theres 8 kids who wont have a Mommy and Daddy to take them to bed together , play with them together under one roof, or Mom and Dad be seen kissing and hugging one another which instills a sense of security , warm feelings, and well being in the minds of children. Kids are short changed today by and large.

Last edited by RVlover; 10-02-2009 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: added
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities