Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 09:23 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,159,543 times

Advertisements

It is true that certain treatments do lighten the skin. For instance, I use a type of cream for my severe acne and it bleaches/lightens my skin. I did not intend for it to happen, it just does. It's all for my acne and as a result I have to be careful not to expose my skin to the sun so much. Also, when they take photos of me, the flash naturally makes my skin look lighter. I actually prefer to be darker, since I consider myself to be a "pale" Mexican LOL. But I do admit from the pics, that is QUITE a bit of lightening on his skin.

ETA: No one looks twice when Celebs or anyone for that matter is sporting a really dark and fake tan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 07:04 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,988,428 times
I've seen a number of folks recently do some type of skin treatment. Suppose to make them look better. But it appears to 'burn' off a layer of flesh only to have unexposed and 'lighter' layers exposed...until those layers face sunlight etc.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:51 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,470,317 times
He is definitely doing something with himself. Departing from his natural black hair-black eyes-dark skin, he at first started wearing green contact lenses and now a step further (oh well, the more attention the better for him):

What in the name of Michael Jackson is up with Sammy Sosa? - Big League Stew - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

Old 11-12-2009, 12:26 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,515,819 times
Everything in that photo looks odd...well, except the background...

Old 11-12-2009, 06:43 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,575,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Everything in that photo looks odd...well, except the background...
His wife is gorgeous.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:54 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,722,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
His wife is gorgeous.

True......and the ironic thing is she said she was attracted to Sammy because she liked big black men........now she's got Michael Jackson on 'roids.........

Old 11-16-2009, 08:15 PM

2,000 posts, read 10,584,556 times
IF he did his whole body with this process I'd love to know the cost.
Now his skin is white-ish, his contacts make his eyes green and his hair has been straightened...yeah, he looks White now. NOT.
What was wrong with his looks before? I feel sorry for him to have such low self-esteem that he feels he has to change everything about himself. This is the same as those women who have everything done with plastic surgery who end up looking like freaks (a la Joan Rivers). Sad.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:01 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,575,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
IF he did his whole body with this process I'd love to know the cost.
Now his skin is white-ish, his contacts make his eyes green and his hair has been straightened...yeah, he looks White now. NOT.
What was wrong with his looks before? I feel sorry for him to have such low self-esteem that he feels he has to change everything about himself. This is the same as those women who have everything done with plastic surgery who end up looking like freaks (a la Joan Rivers). Sad.
He looks a weird shade of grey...almost like he's the walking dead. Shoulda left well enough alone. He looked fine before.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:18 AM

18,271 posts, read 14,472,083 times
Sammy is coming out with a face cream to lighten skin. He said he got it in Europe and that is what he used to lighten his skin. People are already buying it in the Dominican Republic.

I think its a great idea if he likes himself better with lighter skin. Why do some get to have tans while others can't lighten their skin? Its the year 2010 almost, people who have options have power. Good for him!

Old 11-18-2009, 05:10 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,570,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Sammy is coming out with a face cream to lighten skin. He said he got it in Europe and that is what he used to lighten his skin. People are already buying it in the Dominican Republic.

I think its a great idea if he likes himself better with lighter skin. Why do some get to have tans while others can't lighten their skin? Its the year 2010 almost, people who have options have power. Good for him!
you're joking....right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities