Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 01:00 PM

296 posts, read 644,982 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Does anyone have any experience with Tmobile on call quality(dropped calls, etc.) data quality, etc.. I am going to get a new smartphone, and see there plans are a little cheaper, I will be using it mostly around a larger city, but will need to travel to more rural areas on occasion, thanks for any feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 08:43 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,276,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graterdaze View Post
Hello,
Does anyone have any experience with Tmobile on call quality(dropped calls, etc.) data quality, etc.. I am going to get a new smartphone, and see there plans are a little cheaper, I will be using it mostly around a larger city, but will need to travel to more rural areas on occasion, thanks for any feedback.
You will get different answers from area to area.

What area specifically will you be using it?

Eg. In San Diego its awful but this is more due to San Diego's topography than TMo itself.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:15 PM

296 posts, read 644,982 times
Thanks,
around Jacksonville, FL for the most part for right now !

Old 08-11-2012, 11:46 PM

164 posts, read 838,519 times
Just fine in the Phoenix area...... no issues except for right around South Mountain (topography issue, not a Tmo issue)

Never had any issues at all. Been with them 15 years or so since the days of Aerial Communications (before T-Mobile was T-Mobile they were VoiceStream, and before that they were Aerial Communications)

Old 08-12-2012, 12:06 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
I am with T-Mobile 10+ years and it works great in my area ( Houston/San Antonio ).
I guess, you have to check on coverage in your area.
Unsupported Browser

Last edited by elnina; 08-12-2012 at 12:14 AM..

Old 08-12-2012, 01:21 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graterdaze View Post
Hello,
I was with T Mo for eight years until a little over a year ago (now I am on Verizon). In my experience, call quality and number of dropped calls is the same between the two.

One thing you should keep in mind, call quality, and in some instances of dropped calls, has more to do with the phones antenna than it does with the network. A phone with a weak or lower quality/power antenna will have poorer call quality and more dropped calls no matter what carrier you go with.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:18 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,105 times
I think the service is great, but lately the customer service has been going downhill in my opinion.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:21 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,675,395 times
My opinion is that it's terrible in rural areas, but fine in urban areas, with surprisingly good data speed.

Data is good enough that one day, they decided to add an extra "G" to their 3G network. While they technically run a 3G technology, they call it 4G.

I haven't been to your area though.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:00 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,231,738 times
After being on Verizon for several years, I switched to T about 10 months ago. It doesn't work very well at home, but neither did Verizon, Sprint, or Nextel. Customer service is crap at the store closest to me, but great at a store near a friend's business. So i go there when I'm on that side of town with any T questions. Over the phone the service has been pretty good, but was a little rocky wt first when I changed over. I don't see 4 g very often but I don't often talk to anyone who gets the blazing speed always advertised. The price is right; I pay about $45 a month for unlimited everything on a buddy's business plan. I'm in Charlotte.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:25 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
I've had T-Mobile since 2003, and have never had any problems with them. I just upgraded to a SmartPhone, and with the exception of few dropped calls one day, it's been fine. As for customer service, if I have a phone question, I just go into one of the stores, and anything else, I just call them.

I can't complain about anything about them at all. When I called about upgrading, I was offered a free SmartPhone and $10 off my bills for two years with a new contract. The phone in the store was $400, online it was $150, but it cost me nothing. In two years, I'll probably upgrade again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones