Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 10:48 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,212,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooked View Post
thank you all for your input.
Let me clarify your assumptions.
1. I have a permanent order of protection, that prevents any contact, abuse, molestation, violence against me from this person.
2. this person is DANGEROUS and I am the victim of CDV. I was beaten to a living pulp.
3. I had my last surgery 4 years ago.
I have not been contacted by this person for 13 years & now he has re-emerged.
4. He is a registered predator in 2 states.
The way he contacted me is the EXACT way it began before.
5. I have filed reports at the police dept, a crime was committed. I need to locate him.
6. Police depts follow archaic laws that do not help victims.
7. I did not answer the call, I was working, he left a message. I did not recognize the number.
8. he has made contact & I need to be 2 steps ahead of him, not one.
9. I have already found the carrier. It's the tower I need.

I need help.
IF you have already been a victim once, then don't allow it to happen again! ARM yourself, and be prepared to survive!! ANGER is a good thing in a fight or flight situation. Many predators are not bothered by orders of protection from the courts, so this is YOUR fight, do what you HAVE to!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 12:34 AM

122 posts, read 171,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
what does this have to do with a "cell tower"?
Maybe the OP wants to locate the caller. You find the cell tower, you know the location.

If the OP is using any smartphone like Android, simply block that number by adding it to the blacklist.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:16 AM

6,471 posts, read 10,338,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlanguide View Post
Maybe the OP wants to locate the caller. You find the cell tower, you know the location.
And as I mentioned, the OP's carrier cannot assist with the location of the caller, only where the OP was when the call was terninated. Only the caller's carrier could identify where the call was originated.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:31 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,522,660 times
Sounds like you should buy a gun and get a concealed carry permit, and carry the gun with you everywhere it is legal. Not sure what state you are in, but the sheriff or authority that controls concealed carry permits may issue a emergency permit with the stipulation you get the training and go through the normal application.

A woman in the concealed carry course my daughter took had a carry permit issued immediately by the sheriff and she had 45 days to make the normal application.

If the need does arise where you have to defend yourself from this guy, remember to fight like a cornered cat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones