Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 04:23 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,152,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Are you planning to leave?
Leave where?

Quote:
Why do you stay with a provider that doesn't work for you?
Why do you assume I'm not already looking at other options?

Do you work for Sprint or something? Because I have never seen anyone so defensive about mobile network whenever someone relates a negative experience about it the way you do with Sprint. This isn't the only thread where you've done this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 06:01 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,337,949 times
Not sure where these T-Mobile congestions are or the last time you checked it. T-Mobile has made massive network improvements. Except for a stretch in Georgia 1.5 years ago, I've never had slow downs with my T-Mobile phone in central Florida or on either of the coasts.

My girlfriend on the other hand had a Sprint phone and regularly dropped under 1mbps and sometimes couldn't connect at all. She didn't have a spark phone so this was their so called 4G network. I've never seen someone drop more calls either... But that's getting sidetracked.

Here's an article regarding the CEO of Sprint discussing why their 4G network is so terrible

Sprint 4G network slow, improving slowly says Hesse | BGR

2013 Q3 - loss of 313,000
http://www.dailytech.com/Sprint+Lose...ticle33651.htm

2014 Q1 - loss of 591,000 collectively
Sprint Q1 2014 earnings report | BGR

Check out the comments on the articles above and you'll find some customer experiences that I think reflect some of the reasons Sprint has lost over a million subscribers in the last 3 quarters.

Of course there was also 2014 Q4 which was almost a million lost... But that was because of the Nextel shutdown

http://www.zdnet.com/sprint-q4-loss-...ip-7000010936/

Last edited by wolf39us; 08-25-2014 at 06:12 AM..

Old 08-25-2014, 06:29 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,129,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Leave where?
Leave Sprint as a customer...
Quote:

Why do you assume I'm not already looking at other options?
Asking whether you are planning on leaving Sprint is not making an assumption. It is asking.
Quote:

Do you work for Sprint or something? Because I have never seen anyone so defensive about mobile network whenever someone relates a negative experience about it the way you do with Sprint. This isn't the only thread where you've done this.
No. I don't work in telecommunications. If you actually read my posts, I've pretty much said that Sprints network sucks as well.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:54 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,541,306 times
Quote:
Calling AAA requires voice (CDMA or GSM depending on the carrier). Both Sprint and T-Mobile have roaming agreements for voice (Sprint with Verizon and T-Mobile with ATT). Voice is not the issue. .
I am surprised. I have AT&T where I live and the other local carrier is Verizon. As my former post stated, T-Mobile and Sprint phones simply don't work in my area (and in most rural parts of my fair state). You cannot place a telephone call on a Sprint or T-Mobile phone.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
When I travel to Chicago, I get good speeds on both my Sprint phone and Verizon phone (I generally don't leave the city). My T-Mobile phone is completely useless.
I'm guessing that's because, as you've indicated before, you're on their Wimax network. You can't even buy a Wimax Sprint phone and you haven't been able to for, what, almost two years now? So in other words, you're on a network that is basically being abandoned and is and competing with less traffic due to attrition/transitioning customers to their LTE network.

Quote:
Asking whether you are planning on leaving Sprint is not making an assumption. It is asking.
When your question has a built-in assumption (that I am staying with Sprint), then yes you're making an assumption. If it's just "asking," then just ask without the follow-up snark question.

Quote:
No. I don't work in telecommunications. If you actually read my posts, I've pretty much said that Sprints network sucks as well.
Yeah, you've been really tough on Sprint....

Quote:
In NYC, I see 60mb/s on Sprint, 30-40mb/sec on Verizon, and 12-15mb/sec on T-Mobile . . .
Quote:
As with any network, it depends on the location. Sprint has the fastest network in NYC at 60mbit/sec.
Quote:
In many areas, especially in cities, Sprint has good service. In fact, in most cities, Sprint is just behind Verizon Wireless . . .
Quote:
As with any network, it depends on the location. Sprint has the fastest network in NYC at 60mbit/sec.
Quote:
Sprint works fine here and I'm happy with it. Download speeds are 60mb/s. With Verizon Wireless I get about half that . . .
Quote:
. . . Coverage is a regional thing, that's for sure. AT&T and T-Mobile suck around here while Verizon and Sprint are good. . .
Quote:
That's interesting to hear about your experience with Verizon. I haven't had T-Mobile so I can't say anything about it. But Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T have been solid for me.
Quote:
Sprint Corp (formerly Sprint Nextel) had been consistently rated #1 in customer service for wireless providers by JD Powers until 2013, where Verizon Wireless took the lead.
Quote:
. . . Wimax was a huge success for Sprint and we should see the benefits in their new LTE network.
Et cetera...

Old 08-26-2014, 01:12 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,129,284 times
Quote:
I'm guessing that's because, as you've indicated before, you're on their Wimax network. You can't even buy a Wimax Sprint phone and you haven't been able to for, what, almost two years now?
It appears that your reading comprehension is lacking. I've posted on these forums that I have a Nexus 5 on Sprint and T-Mobile now (and an iPhone on Verizon.
Quote:
So in other words, you're on a network that is basically being abandoned and is and competing with less traffic due to attrition/transitioning customers to their LTE network.
Quote:

Newsflash: LTE is not being abandoned.

When your question has a built-in assumption (that I am staying with Sprint), then yes you're making an assumption. If it's just "asking," then just ask without the follow-up snark question.
Asking whether you plan on leaving Sprint is not an assumption. The first thing I said in response to your poor experience with Sprint was ask whether you are leaving Sprint. There's no assumption in a question like that. I can't imagine how you don't understand that.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:26 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,541,306 times
Quote:
It appears that your reading comprehension is lacking. I've posted on these forums that I have a Nexus 5 on Sprint and T-Mobile now (and an iPhone on Verizon.
Why would anyone be with three carriers in the US at the same time???

Odd...

Old 08-26-2014, 08:06 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,249,260 times
If you are an existing Sprint customer (out of contract) you cannot change to this plan.

Verizon has a new plan to match (sort of) - $60 unlimited talk, text and 2gb data

Old 08-26-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Asking whether you plan on leaving Sprint is not an assumption. The first thing I said in response to your poor experience with Sprint was ask whether you are leaving Sprint. There's no assumption in a question like that. I can't imagine how you don't understand that.
Allow me to refresh your memory then:

Quote:
Are you planning to leave? Why do you stay with a provider that doesn't work for you?
No wonder you're so argumentative -- you can't even comprehend or recollect your own posts made just one day ago.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:16 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,869,161 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones