Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 05:47 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,448,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
The answer to your question requires you to confirm what type of phone/Operating System you are using. Android, Apple or other ? Are you looking to download songs, entire albums or ringtones ? You need to explain your request a little more.

You don't download songs to a Samsung Galaxy phone from Apple iTunes for example.
You can install Apple Music on an Android and do it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 05:51 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,448,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I have only had a smart phone for a little while.

What are good sites to use to buy/download music to my phone?

Last I heard, it costs about $1 per song.
treble.io is cool. You have to watch ads though, but it is free to download. They have a coin system; you get coins when you download and/or watch ads, or you can pay $1 to get more coins.

7digital is also interesting.

I'm a sucker for trebel.io. Now that I'm talking about it I might just download it again to see if there's anything new there.

Easiest way is to just get Google gift cards and download directly through Google Play.

Last edited by goofy328; 07-28-2019 at 06:12 AM..

Old 07-28-2019, 11:19 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,568,970 times
i like murfie.com because they offer flac's.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:39 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,237,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
You pretty much do. It says if it is flac and most MP3 is 320 and you can tell my the file size. If the CD is like 140 megs it's 320, if it is 50 megs it might be 128.

What bit rate is music streamed?
At “high” usually either 256 or 320 depending on the provider. Tidal does hi-res but for only a fraction of their titles.

Old 11-25-2019, 02:03 AM

1 posts, read 515 times
I suggest you go for any streaming services such as Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora and so on. For you don't have so much storage for songs and buying music is relatively expensive. There are also so third-party apps like TunesKit Audio Converter can help you convert music to mp3.

Old 04-22-2020, 12:36 PM

4 posts, read 1,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I have only had a smart phone for a little while.

What are good sites to use to buy/download music to my phone?

Last I heard, it costs about $1 per song.
Buy a subscription to Google Play Music or Apple Music or Spotify or something else. There will be all the music and nothing to download. You can even listen to it without an Internet connection. I have the first two services, I pay for Google Play, but I'm still testing Apple music (3 months for free).

Old 04-25-2020, 05:43 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,287,431 times
I still buy actual records. They always come with mp3s now. Also sites like Bandcamp have a lot of stuff, even for just buying files.

Streaming is cool I guess, but I can't be bothered with renting and I would rather own the music. I only use the free versions like a radio with adds.

And there's still peer2peer.

Old 04-26-2020, 06:29 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozonkan View Post
Buy a subscription to Google Play Music or Apple Music or Spotify or something else. There will be all the music and nothing to download. You can even listen to it without an Internet connection. I have the first two services, I pay for Google Play, but I'm still testing Apple music (3 months for free).
In order to play a selection from your Apple Music library without an internet connection, you do have to have downloaded that selection from Apple’s server to the device (in addition to just having the selection in your library).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones