Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2008, 06:01 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,755,889 times

Advertisements

I work a large aerospace company and am moving from one division to another. I currently use a Motorla RAZR because my current division doesn't mind cell phone cameras, but my new division prohibitis them.

So last night I carefully tore apart my cell phone and removed the camera from the phone. I figured that a camera phone with no camera is the same thing as a camera phone with no camera, right?

Wrong! The company considers it "defacing company property" to remove the camera (remember they don't want you to have a camera) from the cell phone.

So now I have to put it back in and go get a new cell phone that doesn't have a camera. The only problem is the only phones that come without cameras are rather junky phones in my opinion, so I'm not real happy about the whole thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 10:35 AM

73 posts, read 320,507 times
Not sure if this was more of a rant or question, but I'd check a place like ebay or craigslist. You can find older phones that people don't want because they upgraded. These won't have cameras, and are a lot cheaper. Maybe even an older blackberry if you want some great functionality. A lot of the old nokias (and newer samsungs) can be dropped a lot and don't break. Just my two cents.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:24 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,325,183 times
If it's the company's phone that has the camera, shouldn't the company be responsible for replacing it with one that meets the new criteria? Why should YOU have to buy it?

Old 07-29-2008, 01:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I thnik OP is saying that the phone without camera are pretty junkie not that op has to pay for the new one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones