Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 08:58 AM

44 posts, read 65,942 times

Advertisements

Ok just moved here and have been here for about a month and a half. So I have a few questions. I live in Ladson which is right outside of Summerville. I think . Ok so I have two young girls. Four and two. So I'm looking for a good pediatrician? Also Is there a CHKD around here? I also need a doc for myself. So any help would be great. Also we just moved here and I would told my little girl would be going to Ladson elementary next year. I was also told that it wasn't the best school around here as far as test scores go. Does any ones kids go there or any info would be great. Thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 09:17 AM

193 posts, read 395,092 times
We also live in Ladson but we are in the Dorchester school district so I can't help you on the school part. And I'm not sure what CHKD is either.

But our daughter goes to Oakbrook Pediatrics on Old Trolley Road and we love it. The entire staff is phenomenal with our 3 year old.
And our physicians are at Palmetto Primary Care on Springview Road.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:37 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,359,402 times
My wife uses Dr. Campell of Palmeto Primary care, they are mostly women doctors and PAs......

Old 09-23-2010, 09:43 AM

246 posts, read 519,635 times
We have been going to Dr Redwine, one of the Palmetto Primary Care docs, for over 20 years now. He is a general practitioner, and an excellent doctor. His practice is located near the corner of Appian Way and Dorchester Rd, near Ashley Phosphate.

When we moved to a new state we always talked to nurses in the neighborhood about who THEY go to for medical help.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:11 AM

Thank you guys so much. I always get nervous when we have to change doctors but It helps to know that people have a good rapport with the doctor. As far as the CHKD thing. Its Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters. My youngest has to go to one twice a year for a check up from a surgery she had when she was 6 months old. I just can't find one around here. So we may have to just keep taking her to VA. That's fine. Thanks again

Old 09-23-2010, 11:00 AM

193 posts, read 395,092 times
I'm not sure of your child's condition but we do have a fantastic Children's Hospital at MUSC. I'm a nurse there so I'm a little biased but the kids get excellent care and there are tons of specialties. It's a very large teaching hospital.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:54 AM

Thanks so much. I will have to contact them and see if they can take over her case. She was born with Sagittal Craniosynostosis which is where the two side parts of her skull was already fused together so her brain didn't have room to grow but front and back. She had the surgery at 6 months and has been perfect ever since. She is just supposed to be looked at till she is 8 to make sure that it didn't fuse back together again before it is supposed to. So I dont know if you guys take care of that or not. If not that is ok we can just go to VA when we have to. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area