Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 09:24 AM

15 posts, read 164,065 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!

We are moving to the Mt. Pleasant area this summer. I am in the process of narrowing down some neighborhoods that have active social communities. I am looking specifically for walking/biking trails in the neighborhood, a community pool, open space & play areas for kids. I have narrowed it down to Park West, Hamlin Plantation, Ion, Daniel Island. Have I missed any? Of the ones I have listed, what are the best choices for active community with walking/biking trails and community pool? I've considered also Brickyard Plantation and Dunes West, but not sure it they have trails in their communities. Thanks for your help! It's difficult to figure all this out from a distance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 09:48 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,436,416 times
Dunes West has trails and so goes Brickyard. Dunes West has very nice amenities but keep in mind they are not included in your HOA fees.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:56 PM

547 posts, read 1,198,249 times
Daniel Island. One look and you'll be all set....

Old 02-21-2011, 01:39 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,075,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfy041902 View Post
Hi Everyone!

We are moving to the Mt. Pleasant area this summer. I am in the process of narrowing down some neighborhoods that have active social communities. I am looking specifically for walking/biking trails in the neighborhood, a community pool, open space & play areas for kids. I have narrowed it down to Park West, Hamlin Plantation, Ion, Daniel Island. Have I missed any? Of the ones I have listed, what are the best choices for active community with walking/biking trails and community pool? I've considered also Brickyard Plantation and Dunes West, but not sure it they have trails in their communities. Thanks for your help! It's difficult to figure all this out from a distance.
FYI - Daniel Island is not really considered an area or neighorhood of Mt Pleasant, but Mt P is a short drive away. Since DI is part of Berkley County, if you have children attending public school, this can be a factor in your making a decision. Mt P is in Charleston County. But DI is a nice place and worth consideration.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:03 PM

291 posts, read 548,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
FYI - Daniel Island is not really considered an area or neighorhood of Mt Pleasant, but Mt P is a short drive away.
The OP stated they are moving to the MtPleasant 'area' which Daniel Island is certainly a part of. MtPleasant is a scant 3 minutes across the bridge.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:25 PM

22 posts, read 81,090 times
Park West is a great community!

Old 02-21-2011, 04:27 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,436,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown2You View Post
The OP stated they are moving to the MtPleasant 'area' which Daniel Island is certainly a part of. MtPleasant is a scant 3 minutes across the bridge.
Mount Pleasant is close to DI however the schools/county are totally different and unless your doing private schools for HS you may want to reconsider at this point.

And YES PARK WEST IS AWESOME :>)

Old 02-21-2011, 04:35 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,683,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachme View Post
Mount Pleasant is close to DI however the schools/county are totally different and unless your doing private schools for HS you may want to reconsider at this point.

And YES PARK WEST IS AWESOME :>)
Daniel Island is part of the City of Charleston but as it is "isolated" from Charleston, Charleston struck a deal for DI kids to attented Berkley County schools as it is so close to Berkley County.

Most agree Berkley County schools are fine but most would also agree, not as good as the schools that Mount Pleasant residents attend....that is unless you live on DI..LOL

Old 02-21-2011, 05:39 PM

111 posts, read 208,858 times
Default Park West

Does anyone have any info on Park West? Are the homes/condo's pricier than Mt. Pleasant.

As much as I would love to live in Charleston or Mt. Pleasant, as a 55 yr young single gal, I don't know if I will be able to afford it. And when I heard they are opening a Trader Joe's in Mt. Pleasant, I was so elated!!!!!!!

A few folks here suggested Summerville, however, I'm trying to find a home/condo with all the charm Charleston has. Are there any such areas other than being in Charleston, and only a few mile away?

I just love beautiful Charleston, and to all of you living there now, walk outside, take a deep breath and say "thank you." Right here in Wisconsin now, it's so cold, low 20's, snow, wind and freezing rain.

I can't wait to get out of here!

Old 02-21-2011, 05:48 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,683,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose3408 View Post
Does anyone have any info on Park West? Are the homes/condo's pricier than Mt. Pleasant.

As much as I would love to live in Charleston or Mt. Pleasant, as a 55 yr young single gal, I don't know if I will be able to afford it. And when I heard they are opening a Trader Joe's in Mt. Pleasant, I was so elated!!!!!!!

A few folks here suggested Summerville, however, I'm trying to find a home/condo with all the charm Charleston has. Are there any such areas other than being in Charleston, and only a few mile away?

I just love beautiful Charleston, and to all of you living there now, walk outside, take a deep breath and say "thank you." Right here in Wisconsin now, it's so cold, low 20's, snow, wind and freezing rain.

I can't wait to get out of here!
Rose

One could get a smallish (two bedroom) condo/townhouse in Mount P for about $130/150K. Outside parking but not like we have winter here. Much less then that "might" be had in Mount P, but not something/area I would care to live in.

Nice apartments in Mount P might be had for $700 per month. Might be a good idea to try an apartment for a year until you get your feet planted, job secure, make friends, get to know the area, etc.

Hope all well for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area