Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 05:08 AM

487 posts, read 999,266 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any opinions on Park West in Mount Pleasant, or Legend Oaks in Summerville?

We just got back from another trip to the area and still love it.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 05:36 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,358,436 times
Legend Oaks is a nice golf course community with some really nice houses in there....

Old 04-07-2010, 06:14 AM

63 posts, read 217,114 times
I visited park west last week. It is relatively newer and a really LARGE neighborhood. LOTS of houses and the schools are in the community of park west (preschool, elementary and middle school, as well as some Dr offices, etc...) It has its own little world going on. The price ranges vary widely. There are million dollar homes and 300,000 dollar homes close to each other. Some streets are crowded with houses and some streets have more yards. Overall a nice community. They also have ammenities, swimming, tennis (I believe), etc...

Last edited by toni-rn; 04-07-2010 at 06:28 AM..

Old 04-07-2010, 07:44 AM

140 posts, read 280,098 times
We looked for homes in Park West. It is a very big neighborhood. It depends on the price range you are looking. You get what you pay for in that neighborhood. The lower end priced homes, you will get your typical cookie cutter home with a small lot and vinyl siding. There are plenty of cars parked in the streets. We did not like the clutter. For that same price we got something of better quality somewhere else.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:38 AM

Thanks for the replies. We really like the whole area more and more. We have family here on Long Island that may need us from time to time as they grow older so we don't want to move too far. Being able to get back in case of an emergency with a 12 hr drive in one day is as far away as we will go. There are a few homes in the Park West community in our price range but they will probably be in the cookie cutter neighborhoods. A few are on ponds so if the houses next store are close together at least there are none behind you. I really like Legend Oaks and Ashborough in Summerville. Those don't seem as cookie cutter and Ashley Ridge is the school those kids attend. We did a carriage ride in Charleston, very informative and interesting. One of the most beautiful cities I've seen.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:58 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,358,436 times
For the $300K you pay for that cookie cutter home in Park West you can get a really nice 2500~3000sqft home in the Summerville area in Legend Oaks, Pinforest of one of the other newer developments.....

Old 04-07-2010, 09:41 AM

About 15 mins ago I was cleaning the house and had CNN on in the kitchen and they were finishing a report from Mt Pleasant in S.C. I only paid attention when I heard that last part. Does anyone know what it was about?

Old 04-07-2010, 09:56 AM

2,527 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Didn't catch it.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:22 AM

780 posts, read 1,544,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
Thanks for the replies. We really like the whole area more and more. We have family here on Long Island that may need us from time to time as they grow older so we don't want to move too far. Being able to get back in case of an emergency with a 12 hr drive in one day is as far away as we will go. There are a few homes in the Park West community in our price range but they will probably be in the cookie cutter neighborhoods. A few are on ponds so if the houses next store are close together at least there are none behind you. I really like Legend Oaks and Ashborough in Summerville. Those don't seem as cookie cutter and Ashley Ridge is the school those kids attend. We did a carriage ride in Charleston, very informative and interesting. One of the most beautiful cities I've seen.

I live in Legend Oaks and love it. Although there is not much very close (quick drive to sandwich shops etc.) I do feel it is very safe. My kids will attend Ashley Ridge H.S. next year and I have met several faculty members from the school. The homes are not "cookie cutter" and there are a very VERY good deals there now. I know of 4 foreclosures in the area that are very nice. There are 4 sections of Legend Oaks and you will get more home for your money than in Mt. P....and believe me, I like Mt. P. too!!!

Another area we looked at is Bridges of Summerville off of Trolley Rd.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:50 AM

I really liked Bridges of Summerville at first, but then somehow we sort of drove out the back end of it and wound up in a very seedy area that I felt kind of bordered it. Legend Oaks and Ashborough does'nt seem to connect to other neighborhoods and it would make me feel more safe. I love Legend Oaks except that it does seem a little far from town but I could live with that. I find that any neighborhood within the Ashley Ridge lines are a little further out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area