Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 03:20 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,001,015 times

Advertisements

Jim came out of retirement! WB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 03:28 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,641,962 times
You talking about "CharlestonChildren,com" comedy fishing forum?
That forum is a joke!

Here is one that will help you www.gofishsc.com They don't put up with the childish crap.

Ask Scott over at Haddrells (West Ashley) to show you how to cast your net.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:33 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,183,203 times
Default Queen of Casting a Net

Well, not quite yet but pretty close. I watched a specific youtube video over and over.....tried it today with my son and I did pretty good. I even got a compliment.... We did catch enough for him to use for bait....on Pickett's bridge area. I didn't do the teeth but did use the thumb on my left hand to hold it. The more I think about it....he might want to use his teeth because his arm length isn't as long as mine and it might give him more area of the open net. We definitely need a lot more practice...and maybe when it isn't raining. I was planning on letting him do it all but I couldn't help but give it a go.

I'm really taking in all the advice we are getting. I saw Charleston Angler on 17 yesterday, I wish I had stopped in. Now if I could just talk my husband into buying a boat....

Old 07-27-2011, 02:59 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,641,962 times
I have been using my teeth for about 35 years and have never had a problem with a 6' net.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:42 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,183,203 times
We went to Bushy Park this evening and saw 4 alligators. One was about 30 feet from us and pretty much swam right up to the dock. I don't know if it just the folks around here or the fishing community but everyone we run into is so nice. We've learned so much from the casual conversation with locals....teens to the older folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area