Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 07:19 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,940,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meks View Post
btw Capt. Sonny White is my Uncle... growing up I've been out there many a time on the river with him...

just a couple of articles on him, they've got him framed at the state museum too... he musta BS'd someone real well... lol

The Post and Courier - Lives on the sea: CRAB WARS: Printer-friendly version - Charleston SC - postandcourier.com

Museum of the Week

Thanks meks, very interesting stuff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 07:36 AM

259 posts, read 554,090 times
Meks

Very cool story..and kind of sad too

Old 07-25-2011, 09:59 AM

1,195 posts, read 3,472,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversides View Post
Thanks meks, very interesting stuff
I could go on n on with stories about him and the old rough life out on these rivers, before all the roads were added and cell phone camera's became of age...

just a couple short stints - he's been run over in his boat by other boats, another crabber he caught trying to steal his traps tried to make a quick getaway by running right at and OVER him and his boat in the Stono back in the early 90's... been shot at more times that I can remember, was shot point blank in the chest twice with a 12ga shotgun and decided to finish his beer before calling 911... in my younger days I've personally made a couple of trips around the lowcountry talking to people "I know" to get contracts off of him for his life...

the stories go on n on about him, but he's doin just fine... not sure why aunt joyce decided to do an obit about him, he'll die when he's ready and not a day before

he was at our family reunion a few weeks ago getting around just fine, without his oxygen... mean as always, even though he's too old n out of shape now to back it up... lol

he's fine... quit crabbin at a good time, that market has been steadily been going down for quite some time cause people have abused it so long... from the shrimp boats coming in too close to the poachers taking babies out of the rivers, we don't see the giant blues we did 30/40 yrs ago...

Old 10-15-2011, 05:17 PM

160 posts, read 311,574 times
Well, Mike went crabbin again and came back with 15 blue crabs. He left them in his live well and we lost several because we did not have an aerator, but we still had quite a few live crabs to throw in the pot. Yummy. I told him next time he needs to take an aerator and a keep big cooler full of ice at the landing. Thanks for all the good advice.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:01 AM

76 posts, read 182,429 times
or drive to my store and pick some up!

Old 10-16-2011, 11:14 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,181,895 times
I agree with Sellfish..... We've gotten steamers, lobsters, crab and oysters from their store. My husband usually is the one that swings by and picks the food up but I'm the only one that eats it..... He said the service there is wonderful and I say the quality of the seafood has been great.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:30 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SELLSFISH View Post
or drive to my store and pick some up!
I peeked in your windows Saturday, but didn't come in because I had my four legged beasts with me, but your store looks fantastic! Next time we drive out to hit tractor supply I am gonna toss the dogs in the car and come inside for sure!

Old 10-18-2011, 01:46 PM

76 posts, read 182,429 times
thank you very much! Lots of hard work has gone into opening this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area