Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 05:57 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,071,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotstoboiledpenuts View Post
Stumbled on this thread. My dog never gotten used to Charleston. One late night he ran to I95N and never returned

That freed up space for another dog to move to Charleston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 02:05 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,437,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cape_fisherman View Post
Without reading this entire thread (only read the title)...I'll say this:

They are animals...they'll be fine.
I agree with this, this thread is laughable! They are just animals they can live anywhere....

Old 02-02-2018, 12:43 PM

2,525 posts, read 1,950,374 times
I will say this --I see 10 Dogs for every 1 Cat around here. And I think I know the reason why.

Without getting too graphic, the Hawks and Owls in this area are voracious.....they will eat anything that doesn't eat them first. I was just talking to a guy today, and he said he watched a Hawk nab his cat right out of his backyard. The Hawk was big enough to carry away this full grown cat -- a decent sized dog would be too heavy.

I was looking out over the Golf Course last summer and I watched a huge Barred Owl swoop down out of a tree and grab a squirrel. He didn't flap his wings at all, just glided down behind him and snagged him.
Old Squirrel never heard that Owl coming after him. If that Owl can lift a squirrel that size.....no Cat is safe.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:52 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,658,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
I agree with this, this thread is laughable! They are just animals they can live anywhere....
I agree, they've been here since 1670 or before. Certainly the deer and the gators have, LOL

Old 02-03-2018, 10:39 AM

14,254 posts, read 14,766,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotstoboiledpenuts View Post
Stumbled on this thread. My dog never gotten used to Charleston. One late night he ran to I95N and never returned
He was caught. Braised and served with Kimchi. He was delicious.

Old 02-03-2018, 06:51 PM

355 posts, read 391,047 times
Now since you ate my Yankee dog. You are now a Yankee

Old 02-03-2018, 06:52 PM

7,145 posts, read 12,683,391 times
I think dogs and cats start barking and meowing with a Southern accent once they arrive in Charleston. Bless their hearts..

Old 02-04-2018, 09:38 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,071,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
I think dogs and cats start barking and meowing with a Southern accent once they arrive in Charleston. Bless their hearts..

When I was young growing up on JI we had 3 family cats. They all seriously loved eating grits.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:06 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,437,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveLoaves View Post
I will say this --I see 10 Dogs for every 1 Cat around here. And I think I know the reason why.

Without getting too graphic, the Hawks and Owls in this area are voracious.....they will eat anything that doesn't eat them first. I was just talking to a guy today, and he said he watched a Hawk nab his cat right out of his backyard. The Hawk was big enough to carry away this full grown cat -- a decent sized dog would be too heavy.

I was looking out over the Golf Course last summer and I watched a huge Barred Owl swoop down out of a tree and grab a squirrel. He didn't flap his wings at all, just glided down behind him and snagged him.
Old Squirrel never heard that Owl coming after him. If that Owl can lift a squirrel that size.....no Cat is safe.
This is cool to read. Nature taking its course. I love birds, but one of my favorite it the Owl. I love the power of the Owl and the sound they make in the trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area