Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 09:21 PM

124 posts, read 335,731 times

Advertisements

I live in West Ashely and I think you would be fine. West Ashley has such a mix of people that you can see pretty much anything on any given day. I guess that can be good or bad depending on how you view things. I was talking with my husband and we really don't know anyone here without a tattoo. haha

I think Plantation Oaks would be fine, in that the area is ok. I don't know anyone who has lived there, but I do know someone that lived in Westchase which is across I-526 and she felt safe there. I also have a relative that lives in the neighborhood right near Plantation Oaks and she feels safe there as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 10:02 PM

11 posts, read 17,080 times
Thank you, pacomarj for the information. I may keep looking around, but seeing as it's just for a month or two and I don't know any one area particularly well enough, I suppose it doesn't matter too much where we go at first.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:30 PM

3,592 posts, read 4,359,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacomarj View Post
I was talking with my husband and we really don't know anyone here without a tattoo. haha
I don't think you'll ever get into a situation where someone would be just flat our rude because of tattoos. But I do feel there's a difference in people's social reaction to a tattoo vs having extensive work all the way down the arms.

I know a lot of people with tattoos. Including myself. Of those people... none have extensive work.

I feel people in the south still socially react differently between

and

Old 01-17-2013, 03:09 PM

870 posts, read 1,988,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNull View Post
I don't think you'll ever get into a situation where someone would be just flat our rude because of tattoos. But I do feel there's a difference in people's social reaction to a tattoo vs having extensive work all the way down the arms.

I know a lot of people with tattoos. Including myself. Of those people... none have extensive work.

I feel people in the south still socially react differently between

and
I know I would. If I were walking down King Street and I saw the first girl, I'd think nothing of it. If I saw the second girl, I'd say "Hey! That girl doesn't have a shirt on!" Then I'd go say hello and most likely embarrass her, myself or both.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:45 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,336,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techgeek View Post
I know I would. If I were walking down King Street and I saw the first girl, I'd think nothing of it. If I saw the second girl, I'd say "Hey! That girl doesn't have a shirt on!" Then I'd go say hello and most likely embarrass her, myself or both.

LOL, that was one of the first things I noticed too....

Old 01-18-2013, 08:06 AM

3,592 posts, read 4,359,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techgeek View Post

Sometimes you just can't argue with genius!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area