Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 04:32 PM

882 posts, read 1,464,355 times

Advertisements

Thanks MINI,

Would it be too much to ask which general area you reside in?

And I'm still looking, if anyone knows, for some feedback on the neighborhood across Folly Rd from the South Windermere Shopping Center. (inlcuding its name)

Thanks again.

Last edited by soulsea; 01-19-2013 at 04:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 08:46 PM

124 posts, read 335,554 times
I think the name of the neighborhood is The Crescent. I don't know much about the neighborhood except that it looks very nice and it is in a great location.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:21 PM

Thank you so very much p ... I did some searching and you are indeed correct: THE CRESCENT of West Ashley SC oc Charleston South Carolina

The location is what appeals to us the most, also the house and lot sizes. It looks like there's a HOA but on the surface it also looks like it's minimally invasive.

But if there is a house available that suits us when we're ready to pull the trigger, this seems like one of the neighborhoods sure to be on the list.

Thanks again.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:42 PM

3,591 posts, read 4,355,632 times
Wild Dunes on IOP

Old 01-20-2013, 07:23 AM

1,940 posts, read 3,593,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
Thanks MINI,

Would it be too much to ask which general area you reside in?
I am near Town Centre.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:20 PM

We're swimming in frustration.

We really had our heart set and looking forward to moving to Charleston, but then the more I research and read up on the mosquito situation, the more it seems unlikely. I know it sounds silly for something like that to be a deal breaker, but we really suffer from those little buggers. Mrs soulsea especially is mildly allergic to them, and some bites affect her really badly. To move to a location, no matter how fond we are with it, only to always be stressing about this, having to have the property sprayed all the time, spraying ourselves every time we go out, worrying about leaving a door open longer than one second, and generally having a significant part of our life avoiding one thing, seems not very smart.

It is what it is ... it's marshland in a delta, and it's their territory.

Ugh!

Old 01-22-2013, 10:19 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times
You are going to have them anywhere there is water not just marshlands in a delta, some of the biggest mosquitoes I have ever seen where in Alaska...

Old 01-22-2013, 10:25 PM

We have them in DC of course, but with bi-weekly spraying in the summer they disappear from our property, plus obviously they're gone once it gets cold till spring.

For some reason in S. Florida (Miami to WPB) doesn't seem to be as much of an issue, at least not more than DC ... the down shot of course is that one has to live in the cultural wasteland that is S. Florida.

We really don't want to be there, but I really need to move south to warmer weather for health reasons, and it looks like S. Florida is going to be it. Again, we'd much rather be in Charleston, but we can't have this one issue dominate our lives.

Last edited by soulsea; 01-22-2013 at 10:33 PM..

Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,593,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
We have them in DC of course, but with bi-weekly spraying in the summer they disappear from our property, plus obviously they're gone once it gets cold till spring.

For some reason in S. Florida (Miami to WPB) doesn't seem to be as much of an issue, at least not more than DC ... the down shot of course is that one has to live in the cultural wasteland that is S. Florida.

We really don't want to be there, but I really need to move south to warmer weather for health reasons, and it looks like S. Florida is going to be it. Again, we'd much rather be in Charleston, but we can't have this one issue dominate our lives.
I'm serious that we don't have a problem with mosquitoes in our area. I could never sit outside up north without getting eaten alive. The county does all the spraying for free here. They spray from the sky and they also have people on the ground spraying everywhere.

Mosquito Control Program

Good luck with wherever you choose to move.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:48 AM

MINI, you said you live near Town Center ... do you mean the Mount Pleasant Towne Center mall?

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area