Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 07:22 PM

3,868 posts, read 4,605,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Cause they're awesome.
That's as good an answer as any! Most people prefer high ceilings and some of them insist on it. There's different definitions of "high" too. The nicer new builds these days have 9' ceilings at least and 10' is not uncommon. I had a client who built new after selling her house in I'on and she insisted on 12' ceilings. That's what her I'on house had and she just didn't want to go back to lower than that. It is a nice feeling to be in a room with high ceilings but you will have a higher heating/cooling bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 08:15 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,299,244 times
[quote=LocalHero;45183134]That's as good an answer as any! ... It is a nice feeling to be in a room with high ceilings.../QUOTE]

My neighbor said her house was on the market for a long time due to only 9 foot ceilings (2010 selling period). Personally, I don't feel cozy in a 12 foot ceiling room. So I live across the street from I'on in Molasses Creek . Works for me.
And OP, the kids rule Creole Court on their bikes and various vehicles. They resent us coming home down the street in our cars .

Old 08-18-2016, 08:37 PM

3,868 posts, read 4,605,268 times
[quote=joyeaux;45183598]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero View Post
That's as good an answer as any! ... It is a nice feeling to be in a room with high ceilings.../QUOTE]

My neighbor said her house was on the market for a long time due to only 9 foot ceilings (2010 selling period). Personally, I don't feel cozy in a 12 foot ceiling room. So I live across the street from I'on in Molasses Creek . Works for me.
And OP, the kids rule Creole Court on their bikes and various vehicles. They resent us coming home down the street in our cars .
Molassas Creek is great! Do you mean Creole Place? I've done a lot of work on a house on Creole Place... Interestingly and apropos to this thread, I took a 20' ceiling great room and split it in half horizontally to make it a 9' coffer ceiling below and with an 8' ceiling room above.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:57 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,299,244 times
[quote=LocalHero;45183781]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyeaux View Post

Molasses Creek is great! Do you mean Creole Place? I've done a lot of work on a house on Creole Place... Interestingly and apropos to this thread, I took a 20' ceiling great room and split it in half horizontally to make it a 9' coffer ceiling below and with an 8' ceiling room above.
Yes, Creole Place, which is a court ... and those younguns use it all day long in the nice weather

Old 05-13-2018, 09:49 AM

5 posts, read 19,833 times
Thank you for your replies. Our price range is $750k-$1mil for a house. However we are planning to rent for our first year there so that we can hopefully spend some time in the neighborhoods our realtor has already taken us to (Dunes West, Park West, Riverside & Rivertown) I’ve seen a few homes for rent in Dunes West and Park West on-line.. I am absolutely open to any other neighborhood suggestions as well for renting and/or buying. I am leaning a little towards neighborhoods that fall in the Charles Pinckney school district based on the positive reviews i’ve Read online and my conversation with the secretary there who was wonderful, but again I am open. I stay at home with my three girls and my husband works from home so we won’t have to commute during rush hour. I keep hearing contradictory opinions on whether rt 17 or rt 41 are worse traffic wise. We won’t have to travel for work but will for kids activities like dance and gymnastics (referrals for dance studios and gymnastics gyms would be appreciated too) we currently live in a great cul de sac neighborhood with lots of kids the same age as ours and great neighbors. We’re moving from MA to SC primarily for the weather and specifically looking at Mt Pleasant bc we’ve been told the schools are very good and there are many young families. (Our girls are 8, 6 & 2). When we buy a house we’re planning to have our own pool do in terms of neighborhood amenities i’m Most interested in hearing feedback on gyms, playground/park access, club house and tennis courts.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:51 AM

132 posts, read 144,425 times
Check out Hamlin Plantation as well. Jennie Moore was just built a few years ago, and Rifle Range helps to avoid all of the traffic on 17. They have a great pool with a slide and an active community.

We are from the NE as well, and lived there for 4 years and loved it. The rear section in Waverly has a ton of kids and great neighbors who are transplants from all over, many from the NE as well. We still go back and visit our friends there every few months.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:19 AM

55 posts, read 61,651 times
I would look at neighborhoods with homes built in 1990 or later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area