Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 12:51 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,286,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
My mother was riding a city bus about a week ago and the driver mentioned stops being added to Carolina Park because a bunch of retail is being added in there as well. I haven't heard anything more about that, but I'd love to know if that's true.
I hope they put a Zaxby's there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 01:46 PM

3,593 posts, read 4,362,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
I hope they put a Zaxby's there.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:36 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,053,860 times
Robyn -- that's the story -- not sure the retail will be national chains but there is suppose to be retail located there. That's part of the reason for those ugly little huts -- it will be a way of advertising the businesses in Carolina Park,

Old 01-25-2013, 06:50 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,656,847 times
Any pictures of these things, I saw construction a long time ago, but its been awhile since I have been in Mt. P.

I have been taking a route through francis marion to Twin Ponds, vs, going throuh Mt. P.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:05 PM

217 posts, read 574,202 times
^ Please PM me your route! I like to avoid 17 any time I can.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:05 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,680,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
Any pictures of these things, I saw construction a long time ago, but its been awhile since I have been in Mt. P.

I have been taking a route through francis marion to Twin Ponds, vs, going throuh Mt. P.
I know you asked for this a while ago, but I snapped this photo while driving by today. I don't know how to directly add the photo from the iPad, but it's at this link: Carolina Park "Billboards"

They have been doing a lot of landscaping that doesn't show up in this snapshot. Sod has gone down all over, and there are several hundred small plants now in the ground behind these structures. A least it looks like they are going to make an attempt to eventually make these look nice, but they are still just glorified billboards. There are two more of these structures, each about a block further down. They have Carolina Park painted on the tin roof.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers2010 View Post
^ Please PM me your route! I like to avoid 17 any time I can.
I take 526 to Clements Ferry road norty, go up through the forest and over to Twin Ponds.

Recently I have been going to Boggy Head, heck went this morning.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
I know you asked for this a while ago, but I snapped this photo while driving by today. I don't know how to directly add the photo from the iPad, but it's at this link: Carolina Park "Billboards"

They have been doing a lot of landscaping that doesn't show up in this snapshot. Sod has gone down all over, and there are several hundred small plants now in the ground behind these structures. A least it looks like they are going to make an attempt to eventually make these look nice, but they are still just glorified billboards. There are two more of these structures, each about a block further down. They have Carolina Park painted on the tin roof.
Not going to lie, those seem pretty stupid.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:31 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,803,331 times
I have no clue where those billboard/shack things are... They're on Hwy 17 before or past st rte 41?

Old 02-03-2013, 08:25 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,680,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
I have no clue where those billboard/shack things are... They're on Hwy 17 before or past st rte 41?
They are just north of Park West Blvd, then there is one more in front of the new hospital and another on the corner leading into Carolina Park.

And yes, they do look stupid. Looks like a LOT of landscaping is going in. I was hoping these were just going up temporarily, but now I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area