Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 05:55 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,966,303 times

Advertisements

[quote=Integrity1122;28558050]
Quote:
Originally Posted by afk05 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Pulte homes in Mt. Pleasant? Do you know which subcontractor they use? I know that they are a huge national builder, but the reviews have been very mixed on them. Do their higher-end homes have as many issues as some of the other lower-end homes that they have built?[/

Too many problems and we have barely gotten unpacked!!! Beware of the low quality work and standards for repair. We will hire an outside company to ensure the home is fixed correctly.
What town and what neighborhood are you in?

Construction varies from town to town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 09:32 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,805,454 times
Just how far is the city allowed to build? Once they reach the forest, mega development stops?

Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,061,344 times
Oh I think the Town needs to stop all development NOW. Now that I'm settled.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:50 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,966,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Just how far is the city allowed to build? Once they reach the forest, mega development stops?
I wasn't aware that the city was doing the building.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:22 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,680,164 times
I am in the castle...pull up the drawbridge..what about those not yet in the castle?.........F....em.

One of the worst in MTP was a retired New Yorker. He was always complaining about growth as he was already in the castle.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:56 PM

132 posts, read 240,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Oh I think the Town needs to stop all development NOW. Now that I'm settled.
Hahaha that's how we feel about all the Yankees moving here

Old 03-08-2013, 05:40 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,805,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cape_fisherman View Post
I wasn't aware that the city was doing the building.
I know, and everyone else knows. Rephrasing the question...

How far is the city able to annex out? And, are mass developers allowed to continue building into the forest? It's unclear to me whether national forest = federal land or how exactly that works.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:22 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,943,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awarburton View Post
Hahaha that's how we feel about all the Yankees moving here
I hate to break the news, but as stated above the Yankees (and everybody else who's here) feel the same way. It's just something about the human condition

Old 03-08-2013, 06:48 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,943,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
I know, and everyone else knows. Rephrasing the question...

How far is the city able to annex out? And, are mass developers allowed to continue building into the forest? It's unclear to me whether national forest = federal land or how exactly that works.
Your question is intriguing. A quick google leaves me wondering the same thing.

There are private properties within the boundaries of the national forests, but they're limited. Then there's this bit about Utah:

Utah Seeks to Annex Federal Lands « Environment News « News Map « GeoCurrents

Old 03-08-2013, 07:56 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,061,344 times
It is inevitable that Mt. Pleasant and other towns/communities or areas in the Charleston area will grow. With Boeing & other industries growing, the restaurant industry exploding...have you seen all the restaurants that have opened up in the last year. We can't keep up with trying them. And they all get recognition in other cities....NY Post (I tihnk it was that one) did 2 stories on Charleston in the last month).

If we are truly concerned we can stay informed and help the Town to grow or we can become like the Johns Island folks now...just say no to everything, get nothing done & have no say in the planning and growth.

Utah is not South Carolina -- just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area