Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 11:57 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,344,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cape_fisherman View Post
Word of warning...

Tastings at the Irvin House Vineyards are not free. It's a good piece for most folks to travel and just want you to be aware.

I've been to a handful of wineries and tasted alot of wines. Irvin House is the only one that I've known to charge for the experience...but you do get to keep the wine glass (yipeee).

The Firefly distillery charges also. We skipped the tasting there. I prefer to taste there goods for free at festivals around. The sweet tea bourbon is pretty darn good (even if they don't distill it). It's only 40 proof and drinks easy. There's a bottle in my freezer.
Every winery I have ever been to has charged for tastings and I have been to quite a few....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 08:34 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,965,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
Every winery I have ever been to has charged for tastings and I have been to quite a few....
Not me. It's always been free. Paying at Irvin House was a new experience.

So my post was simply to let others know in case their history with wine tasting was the same as mine.

If someone's experiences have been the same as yours, then it will be of no surprise to them.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:28 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,300,384 times
You can buy a Lemonade Vodka there that isn't sold anywhere else because it has no preservatives & fresh lemon. It's not the same as lemon flavored vodka. Quite delicious. As for their wines -- no thanks. Did the tasting & ran away!

Old 02-03-2013, 10:17 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,965,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyeaux View Post
You can buy a Lemonade Vodka there that isn't sold anywhere else because it has no preservatives & fresh lemon. It's not the same as lemon flavored vodka. Quite delicious. As for their wines -- no thanks. Did the tasting & ran away!
We both agree with you. That was the worst scuppernong/muscadine wine I've ever tasted in my life. Not used to tasting a dry/semi-dry wine with these grapes. It didn't work for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area