Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 08:53 AM

14 posts, read 16,928 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking for a dentist that does quality work at a fair price. My husband is going to need major work done to his teeth after the military really botched them up, so I need someone who does great work. Any suggestions??? Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 09:17 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,505,049 times
I've never been to them but I made my check up appointment based on all the good reviews I found on the internet from previous customers. Check out Belle Hall Dentistry. If you have MetLife insurance (based on you being military), they take it.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:24 AM

Thank you!

Old 03-02-2013, 09:52 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,678,237 times
We just switched from Belle Hall to Rivertowne Family Dentistry and I am sooooo happy with the switch. There's just one dentist there so I have had to be a little more flexible with scheduling times, but its worth it.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:55 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,959,320 times
Right down the road from DW is Tara Griffin, DDS. The office is right behind the CVS.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
We just switched from Belle Hall to Rivertowne Family Dentistry and I am sooooo happy with the switch. There's just one dentist there so I have had to be a little more flexible with scheduling times, but its worth it.
That's much closer to where I live (DW), and easier with a 2 year old. Will definitely look into both places. Thanks!

Old 03-02-2013, 10:24 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,505,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
Why did you switch if you don't mind me asking?

Old 03-02-2013, 10:35 AM

119 posts, read 301,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cape_fisherman View Post
Right down the road from DW is Tara Griffin, DDS. The office is right behind the CVS.
We go to Dr. Griffin too! Reminds me... I need to go for a check up!

Old 03-02-2013, 11:34 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,678,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLWold View Post
Why did you switch if you don't mind me asking?
It's kind of difficult to explain, but I just didn't get a good feel from the place. They all seemed very impersonal to me. My kids hadn't had their check ups for two years because of the move here and just general chaos, and it felt like they were a little judgmental. (That of course could have been my momma guilty complex coming into play, I completely recognize that.)

When it was time to explain what needed to be done in each kids's case the dentist left it to the receptionist to explain it all. They didn't really do anything wrong, I just didn't like the feel of the place. I have a good bit of dentist anxiety, so if I have one who makes me feel comfortable I might actually go!

We've only been to Rivertowne twice but I really prefer the vibe, if that makes sense. Belle Hall is closer for me, but I just don't think we'll go back there. There Dr. Swenson took us back, showed the xrays, and spent a good bit of time making sure my kids understood what they were doing right and wrong for their dental health.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:59 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,280,593 times
Smileworks.us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
View detailed profiles of: