Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 09:15 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,338,201 times

Advertisements

We are limited to two permanent stickies and one temp, per Yac...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 09:21 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,299,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Music festival with no-name musicians at some tea plantation 45 minutes away. Not reasonable.

I don't think it's necessarily a Charleston-is-expensive thing here, more of a , let's-see-if-we-can-overcharge-idiotic-drunk-high-people-for-crap thing.

They have those kinds of festivals in every town...
rory: we're going to the First Flush Festival at the Charleston Tea Plantation.

We paid $20 a ticket (early bird) with kids 10 & under free. My brother & family, & my sister & family are driving down from Cary, NC because they're excited to hear Old Crow Medicine Show play. They've seen them perform a few times before including in our home town NYC.

It's billed as "kid friendly" with a special kids play area. So for $40 +fees of $6, each family of 4 gets in to a day long music festival -- basically hanging out on the grass enjoying a different space -- at the only tea plantation in the US.

Now with all that said, I'm really looking forward to us all being together & not so much being at a music festival with no-name musicians at some tea plantation 45 minutes away!

Old 05-15-2013, 09:51 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,321,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyeaux View Post
rory: we're going to the First Flush Festival at the Charleston Tea Plantation.

We paid $20 a ticket (early bird) with kids 10 & under free. My brother & family, & my sister & family are driving down from Cary, NC because they're excited to hear Old Crow Medicine Show play. They've seen them perform a few times before including in our home town NYC.

It's billed as "kid friendly" with a special kids play area. So for $40 +fees of $6, each family of 4 gets in to a day long music festival -- basically hanging out on the grass enjoying a different space -- at the only tea plantation in the US.

Now with all that said, I'm really looking forward to us all being together & not so much being at a music festival with no-name musicians at some tea plantation 45 minutes away!
Family getting together is awesome. But I'm glad that, in your post, you recognize the silliness of the festival otherwise.

I'm disappointed. Not in this area (of course), but in the organizers of this event. You're not Bonnaroo. $25/ticket isn't worth it until you have Keller Williams on stage (metaphor).

Old 05-16-2013, 03:47 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,733,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
We are limited to two permanent stickies and one temp, per Yac...
Per the rules I didn't set.
But the limit is there.
Yac.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:27 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,338,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Per the rules I didn't set.
But the limit is there.
Yac.
I just was quoting you, not saying you set the rule...

Old 05-19-2013, 09:19 AM

97 posts, read 171,570 times
Oh it wasn't my idea! Someone posted it on this thread earlier and I just agreed too! I don't know how to make anything a sticky or know how to tell the person that does! Maybe someone knows how? It would be great to reference this and have a live event page. So when people are making plans it will be something to look at. Every week can be updated. I'm in a FB group called "Jeresy Shore Hurricane News" but every Friday they do an events/Sandy Volunteer post where people can post the happenings around here for the weekend. It's pretty neat to have!

Old 05-19-2013, 09:21 AM

97 posts, read 171,570 times
Oops I commented on the wrong page (4) and didn't see the last posts.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:19 PM

Anyone go to First Flush?

Old 05-23-2013, 10:14 PM

Anything fun going on this weekend?

Old 05-24-2013, 05:46 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,962,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Anything fun going on this weekend?
Kickoff to Spoleto & Piccolo Spoleto...

Gullah Festival in Beaufort...

A handful of Memorial Day services around the area...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area