Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 07:17 PM

870 posts, read 1,681,698 times

Advertisements

Tried the Charleston Harbor Fish House tonight. There were 4 of us in our dinner party, which included a toddler. We were greeted by a very friendly hostess and wait staff. The restaurant is beautifully done..the setting is unlike any other in the area. They have giant doors that open to allow the breeze in the dining area and upstairs at the bar area, it is open. If you go, make reservations or go before 6:00..it does get crowded. Ok, the food. We ordered shrimp cocktail for appetizer (very fresh..$15), crab cakes for an entree (quite thin but full of flavor) and two grouper specials which was highly recommended by our waitress. The grouper was ok, but not worth what we came to learn was at $37/dish. The average price on the menu for an entree is mid $20's. They do not put the specials in print so we just assumed they would be in the range of the menu. Not quite! Be forewarned! Dinner does not come with bread or salad...just a la carte. For 3 adults, 1 child ($7/entree)...1 appetizer and no dessert...our bill was $190. Here's the thing, we dine out often. Very often. But due to the prices, we won't dine here very often. I think the restaurant will pull in a good business, but I don't think it will be too many regulars. I'm told that the bar area serves flatbread pizza only so that will be where we dine next at The Charleston Harbor Fish House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 10:22 AM

55 posts, read 85,689 times
The place is way over priced. Went there on a Saturday afternoon after July 4th and it was dead. $18 for a hamburger and 5.50 for a bud light won't get my business back. They'll do well pulling in tourists but hope they're not relying on locals

Old 07-21-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinw82 View Post
The place is way over priced. Went there on a Saturday afternoon after July 4th and it was dead. $18 for a hamburger and 5.50 for a bud light won't get my business back. They'll do well pulling in tourists but hope they're not relying on locals
$18 for a burger? Wow. Ridiculous. They can try to rely on tourists but they are going to have to worry about off season cause they won't be getting the regulars around here much.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:57 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,452,226 times
Went there. Won't do it again.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:15 PM

55 posts, read 85,689 times
It's a shame too, they need a happy hr up on the rooftop. It's got an awesome view of the harbor but I guess they make you pay for that view. That burger better be more tasty than poe's or sesame. He'll, Ruth chris cheeseburger is $14

Old 07-21-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinw82 View Post
It's a shame too, they need a happy hr up on the rooftop. It's got an awesome view of the harbor but I guess they make you pay for that view. That burger better be more tasty than poe's or sesame. He'll, Ruth chris cheeseburger is $14
Unless it's angus with truffle sauce..it's not worth $18 no matter how good

Old 07-24-2013, 02:44 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,448,214 times
Thanks for the reviews. I was going to try it, but might just go somewhere else on the water since it is so overpriced. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area