Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2013, 05:24 PM

6 posts, read 16,516 times

Advertisements

I am moving to SC for several reasons and the most important reason is just needing a change. I am in San Antonio Tx right now and am not really sure where to look. There are several things that are very important to me and I will list them.

I am single and will stay that way so I need a safe place to live (female)

Need to be near the VA not right next to it but not a hour away

Want to be near any Military Bases to shop

Would like some ground with a house and not looking for a big house one story with no more then 2000 sq feet that is even big

Any help would be nice thanks so much and have a wonderful day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 06:12 PM

372 posts, read 810,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormddancer View Post
I am moving to SC for several reasons and the most important reason is just needing a change. I am in San Antonio Tx right now and am not really sure where to look. There are several things that are very important to me and I will list them.

I am single and will stay that way so I need a safe place to live (female)

Need to be near the VA not right next to it but not a hour away

Want to be near any Military Bases to shop

Would like some ground with a house and not looking for a big house one story with no more then 2000 sq feet that is even big

Any help would be nice thanks so much and have a wonderful day
There are 2 VA hospitals in SC. One in Charleston, and the other in Columbia. The base in Columbia is FT Jackson. They are doing more in the Myrtle Beach area but I don't know how much more yet. That's about as much as I can offer. Do your research and good luck. This is a good place to start.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:55 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,477,858 times
thank u for your service n welcome here...

there's a VA downtown Charleston

used to be several bases here, we still have a large AF base in the middle of North Charleston with a decent bx etc

NWS on Redbank Rd in Goose Creek has a commissary

CG has a small outfit here

NG also has a presence here

USN used to have a giant base here too

this used to be a military town more than anything else, now it's tourism....

Old 08-01-2013, 02:41 PM

6 posts, read 16,516 times
Thanks so much. Well be looking in Goose Creek and the area around it. Ft Jackson at one time was my home lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area