Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 04:22 AM

3,865 posts, read 4,602,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtracey View Post
Just a follow up from a good while ago. As stated in an earlier post, I was very much in love with Seabrook Island. I have been going since Hugo. The last time I spent some time there (2019), I was extremely disappointed. I finally chose Kiawah River Estates. I have the very best of both worlds now. KRE is not a resort rental location. Although places there can be leased, the leases are long term only, and KRE is the only neighborhood outside of Kiawah Island, that can join the Kiawah Island Governors club. I was extremely please when our offer was excepted, and cant wait to continue my life there.
What is it about Seabrook that left you disappointed in your 2019 visit?

Kiawah River Estates is probably the closest thing to living on Kiawah that Johns Island has to offer. It's a nice community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2020, 10:51 AM

11 posts, read 19,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
People have been fighting and losing the battle over the buy-in. Except for a few still trying, it is pretty much a dead issue.

Yes, I know.

Old 09-18-2020, 11:02 AM

11 posts, read 19,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero View Post
What is it about Seabrook that left you disappointed in your 2019 visit?

Kiawah River Estates is probably the closest thing to living on Kiawah that Johns Island has to offer. It's a nice community.

I don't want to speak ill of rental agents or rental owners. I known this is their livelihood and working with some great real estate agents in the past, know their jobs can be difficult. My disappointment comes from my 2nd to last visit. Let me explain, my last visit, a week ago was a short weekend stay and we were running so much we didnt have time for island adventures, although the Pelican Nest outdoor restaurant was extremely crowded and a waiting list for 1/2 hr......(Remember, these are all my own opinions, and please take them as such..) My disappointment in Seabrook Island is beginning to lose its charm. Its beginning to become an overcrowded resort, instead of that charming residential island I saw in the late 80's. Yes, I know, times are changing, and these resorts are getting very popular, I understand, but along with it come the noise, the traffic, the litter, the dog waste, etc..... I always saw Kiawah Island as a resort, from the time the Kiawah Island Inn was located next to the Straw Market, but Seabrook to me was always this beautiful small area that residents enjoyed island life with some vacationers added to the mix..... well..... I knew it was not going to work after that final 2 week visit. You are correct about KRE... very nice, quiet community with the ability to join the Governors club.....as I said, best of both worlds..

Old 09-18-2020, 06:46 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,298,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtracey View Post
My disappointment in Seabrook Island is beginning to lose its charm. Its beginning to become an overcrowded resort, instead of that charming residential island I saw in the late 80's. Yes, I know, times are changing, and these resorts are getting very popular, I understand, but along with it come the noise, the traffic, the litter, the dog waste, etc..... I always saw Kiawah Island as a resort, from the time the Kiawah Island Inn was located next to the Straw Market, but Seabrook to me was always this beautiful small area that residents enjoyed island life with some vacationers added to the mix..... ..
Welcome to the reality of Charleston county in 2020 ... "growing" as they say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area