Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 08:23 AM

50 posts, read 58,664 times

Advertisements

Greetings. My wife and I will be spending our "anniversary week" in Charleston the first week in November. Are there any recommended places that may have some good deals on slower days such as Sunday thru Tuesday? Such as 1/2 priced bottles of wine?We will be mapping out our dining ahead of time so would like to plan accordingly.

Note, Halls and Oak Street are two of our favorites that we will definitely be dining at.

Thank you for any information.

Matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 01:31 PM

3,592 posts, read 4,359,855 times
Should have come early and hit Restaurant week. One of the things we do when going on vacation is start looking at Groupon in the area we will be traveling to. Sometimes you can pick up some good deals.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:09 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,051,527 times
I browse Groupon for restaurant deals around here and as a local, I would not trust any of the restaurants in this area that are currently on Groupon. But I always buy the Al Di La groupon when it shows up twice a year .

Your best bet for nicer restaurants is to go at lunch. Smaller portions but cheaper, and most places are open for lunch (a few aren't, so it's something you want to check before you show up). The other good option is to go and sit in the bar, some of them have exclusive bar menus and happy hour food specials, and some do special nightly deals such as burger night, etc.

If you have a special place in mind, definitely check them out on social media because that's where they advertise nightly specials or deals.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:06 PM

120 posts, read 153,380 times
Thanks for posting this question, because I ended up doing some Googling that led me to this which I had never heard about:

Charleston Food Specials - Specials

Old 09-17-2015, 08:30 PM

2,336 posts, read 2,574,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO10 View Post
Thanks for posting this question, because I ended up doing some Googling that led me to this which I had never heard about:

Charleston Food Specials - Specials
This is very interesting. I didn't know about it either. I wonder how accurate it is, since Carolina's has been closed for over a year now.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:15 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
That may not be new but it gives you an idea of what restaurants did offer. You then go to the restaurant site and see if it is offering the same or different deals.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:19 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
I would start with the list of where I want to go. I then would go to their web pages and see what they are offering. Your first choices may or may not have specials but you may find something that is too your liking. The list of restaurants in Charleston is a long one and for us to start picking and choosing which ones we tell you that offer some kind of deal on a night would be a whole lot of information that you may not need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area