Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 04:22 PM

266 posts, read 271,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky21 View Post
I happen to be in the market for a new wealthy best friend.
If you're in town and want to grab drinks or ride around in your b-body, let me know
Leaving the Hemi B-Body in SoCal but plan to keep something fun to drive down there. The climate for the classics is perfect out West, no humidity or rain :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 04:27 PM

266 posts, read 271,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero View Post
My ears are burning...
Kiawah/Seabrook.... Sullivans/IOP..... Daniel Island are three different worlds and so it all depends on just what environment you're looking for. Daniel Island is not a barrier island, meaning there's no oceanfront beach. If the beach is what you're looking for, I would rule DI out.

Kiawah and Seabrook are more luxury environments with a big focus on Golf (and to a lesser degree,tennis) though there is also a lot of natural beauty inherent in the islands themselves and especially with their beautiful beaches, there's enough to keep non-golfers happy on a vacation too. The club fees (mandatory) on Seabrook are high but you do get a lot for those fees as long as it's something you'll use.
One thing to know about Kiawah and Seabrook is that there is a high percentage of second homes there. That part sounds like it would fit with what you're doing. I'd say it's a 30-40 minute drive from Kiawah to downtown without traffic.

Sullivans and IOP are more the small, old school beach towns with a good number of houses on Sullivans from the mid 1800's. They're charming, very real (even while being very wealthy) beach communities that are set up for year round living and are not gated resort islands. Sullivans has one of the highly rated elementary schools on the island.

As an aside, I have caretaking experience on two different estates in my background.
Wow, excellent advice and help, I will contact you as I proceed. I am not much of a golfer but the gated and security of the area may be nice while the house is not occupied, but I do love history and enjoy the history of the area so that is certainly a plus on SI. I am a huge car enthusiast and usually attend the Cars and Coffee in Mt. Pleasant when I visit so that would be convenient from SI, nice cruise-in and similar to the ones out here like Donuts Derelict in HB and the Super Car Sunday Cruise in Woodland Hills. The Mt. Pleasant group does it right, but its only on Sat. Morning and I can drive there from any location pretty easily, just may have to get up earlier :-)

Old 09-08-2016, 10:01 PM

3,865 posts, read 4,603,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 426HemiCA View Post
Wow, excellent advice and help, I will contact you as I proceed. I am not much of a golfer but the gated and security of the area may be nice while the house is not occupied, but I do love history and enjoy the history of the area so that is certainly a plus on SI. I am a huge car enthusiast and usually attend the Cars and Coffee in Mt. Pleasant when I visit so that would be convenient from SI, nice cruise-in and similar to the ones out here like Donuts Derelict in HB and the Super Car Sunday Cruise in Woodland Hills. The Mt. Pleasant group does it right, but its only on Sat. Morning and I can drive there from any location pretty easily, just may have to get up earlier :-)
Yes, you'll need to get up maybe 40 minutes earlier if you're out on Kiawah/Seabrook vs Sullivans/IOP for the Cars and Coffee. It wouldn't be an unpleasant drive on a Saturday morning though.

Of course you'll have to visit both areas to see what they're like. Except for both being beautiful, they're entirely different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area