Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 02:04 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times

Advertisements

Problem with Dateline is they drag it out. A story that could be told in 30 minutes gets dragged out until it is boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2021, 02:32 PM

3,446 posts, read 2,772,996 times
I’m afraid Murdaugh is going to kill himself, and being released on $20,000 bond will make it that much easier. Could some person or people hope he does that and take secrets with him?

Old 09-16-2021, 03:47 PM

12,883 posts, read 18,741,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Problem with Dateline is they drag it out. A story that could be told in 30 minutes gets dragged out until it is boring.
Until it’s bedtime.

Old 09-16-2021, 04:28 PM

10,077 posts, read 7,757,140 times
Good article with some good info:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-kill-him.html

This guy's voice is perfect on Dateline. He has a nice soothing voice. He can surely put you to sleep. He is the stepdad to Chandler, Matthew Perry of Friends TV show.

Old 09-17-2021, 07:14 AM

5,276 posts, read 6,208,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Here's a pic of their beach house. Do you know where it is?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...seen-time.html

Those boys had the reddest hair.
Its on the southern end of Edisto Island- pretty much on the marsh side but not marsh front. Its definitely cost $ but some of the media reports made it sound akin to the newer builds on Hilton Head or large beach houses at Kiawah that are magazine ready and cost a couple of million. Its pretty much a standard issue 80s beach house like you would find north or south of Myrtle beach or on the backside of Isle of Palms.

Old 09-17-2021, 07:30 AM

5,276 posts, read 6,208,246 times
I think he actually is a drug addict- he looks like he's dropped significant weight compared to a couple of the pictures from a couple of years ago. And one of my friends who is active in a big self-help org for addiction basically said this is exactly the stupidity that happens when multiple addicts try to concoct a plan while battling their addictions- she speaks from experience not looking down on them.

I think these killings are probably more related to money trails than drugs. I suspect multiple other people in law enforcement/law/finance will be in trouble before this is over.

Old 09-17-2021, 10:47 AM

3,446 posts, read 2,772,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I think he actually is a drug addict- he looks like he's dropped significant weight compared to a couple of the pictures from a couple of years ago. And one of my friends who is active in a big self-help org for addiction basically said this is exactly the stupidity that happens when multiple addicts try to concoct a plan while battling their addictions- she speaks from experience not looking down on them.

I think these killings are probably more related to money trails than drugs. I suspect multiple other people in law enforcement/law/finance will be in trouble before this is over.
If Murdaugh is a kingpin of the South Carolina mafia, do you think his fellow capos want to silence him before he rats anyone else out?

Old 09-17-2021, 11:00 AM

12,883 posts, read 18,741,137 times
I’m seeing reports that Hollywood is calling.

Old 09-18-2021, 12:52 PM

252 posts, read 264,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
I’m afraid Murdaugh is going to kill himself, and being released on $20,000 bond will make it that much easier. Could some person or people hope he does that and take secrets with him?
I would just about bet my remaining salary for the year on it.

Old 09-18-2021, 02:25 PM

10,077 posts, read 7,757,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Its on the southern end of Edisto Island- pretty much on the marsh side but not marsh front. Its definitely cost $ but some of the media reports made it sound akin to the newer builds on Hilton Head or large beach houses at Kiawah that are magazine ready and cost a couple of million. Its pretty much a standard issue 80s beach house like you would find north or south of Myrtle beach or on the backside of Isle of Palms.
Thanks. There was a pic of his beach house on one site. It seems Buster is staying there while all this is going on. They showed some lady with him also. They said it was a family member. I just wondered where the house is. I love Edisto. That's a good place to have a beach house.

Do you know where the family actually lives? Is the hunting lodge their home?

First thing I thought of also is if they let him out on bail, he'd commit suicide. I'm sure he knows it's not looking good for him and who wants to spend life in prison? Maybe he went back to rehab and they have a camera watching him.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 09-18-2021 at 02:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area