Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2008, 09:28 AM

355 posts, read 1,449,676 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any suggestions on local jewelry artists? Read: NOT JEWELERS.

I'm looking for some great jewelry that may incorporate natural stones, found objects, recycled materials (NOT aluminum cans, y'all.)

Yanno, just something unique and fun.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 10:03 AM

1,294 posts, read 6,486,017 times
the beaded venus may know of some and they sell jewelry in their store as well. there's also jewelry makers in the market too, some of them make nice things.

this isn't going to be a ton of help right now, but the craft fair at the omar shrine temple at patriot's point features local artists and artists from all over the state who make jewelry and everything else you can imagine. it's held the weekend after thanksgiving each year (so a little bit away still).

there's Mikhail Smolkin who has a store downtown (at least i think it's still there).

i know there's a ton and i have some business cards of some (from the craft fair) but they're all packed in boxes at home (on james island).

Old 09-19-2008, 10:37 AM

397 posts, read 1,071,565 times
YES! my friend Donna who lives in James Island - let me contact her and see if she's still doing it and I will hook the two of you up!

Old 02-13-2009, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 5,290 times
Talking Check Out SCRAPS JEWELRY!

Scraps jewelry is made by a local artist in Charleston. Handmade designs are one of a kind, lightweight, and made using beads for life recycled paper beads, recycled fair trade glass beads, sterling silver, and great stuff from the recycle bin. They are selling at Dwell Smart in Mount Pleasant or you can check out the website at www.scrapsjewelry.com (http://www.scrapsjewelry.com - broken link).
Happy Shopping!

Old 05-04-2010, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 4,357 times
Default Local artist

I am a local artist that just started my own company. Checkout my website at [URL="http://www.brazenjewelry.webs.com"]www.brazenjewelry.webs.com[/URL]
Jennifer

Old 05-04-2010, 01:38 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,327,603 times
Jennifer, first wedsite looks good, second it is against the TOS to do direct advertising, third I will be sending you a direct message about getting something made.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area