Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 08:37 PM

416 posts, read 1,632,793 times

Advertisements

What is halloween like in Charleston? Do many areas have trick or treating? What are the expected times for trick or treaters? Are there events on halloween or the best area to be for kids ( ages 7, 2 and a baby)? Parades?

We are arriving a few days before Hallowen and will be on James Island, but my inlaws live on Daniels Island...which would be a better area for trick or treating? Is there a festival with jack o lanterns on DI? I thought I heard that somewhere.

Give me the halloween scoop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 11:22 AM

459 posts, read 1,642,147 times
Well, I think most areas have a good turn out for TT. Of course the neighborhoods with the higher percentage of smaller children will tend to have more participants, as I would expect it would be anywhere. On the other hand, some adults love Halloween as much as the kids. I can't keep my wife away from the door Halloween night. She has to see every costume and she has to make sure I'm not giving away all the good stuff in the first hour.
Personally, I wouldn't drive all the way to Daniel Island from Jim Isle for TT unless it will absolutely be the highlight of the evening for the grandparents and/or kids. I try not to drive much that night, period. Too many pre-occupied youngsters darting out of the shadows.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:24 AM

459 posts, read 1,642,147 times
And FYI, I see nothing on a festival there.

Events Calendar For Daniel Island and Charleston, SC (http://www.danielisland.com/News-Events/events-calendar.aspx - broken link)

Old 10-14-2008, 02:23 PM

thank you for the response, my kids are sooo excited for halloween so i need to have a plan in advance since we arrive only days before.

my mother in law said there was some sort of jack o lantern thing for halloween on Daniels Island. Maybe she was wrong? Anyone know?

Old 10-14-2008, 02:24 PM

oh...what are normal trick or treat times down there? it seems to be early in new england..too early i think!

Old 10-14-2008, 07:41 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,762,743 times
Harborwoods and Stiles Point Plantation (just around the corner off Mikell Drive, left on Harborview, right into Stiles Point Plantation) both have many children and will have many trick-or-treaters. Trick-or-treat usually starts as soon as it starts getting dark....6:30ish until around 8:00. Most local churches have Trunk-or-Treats and celebrations too, which are open to the public. Many kids do both - trick-or-treat in the neighborhoods then the church activities.

Stiles Point Elementary will be having their Fall Festival in November, which attracts hundreds of people....lots of games, contests, activities, performances, food, music, etc. Be sure to take your kids over to that! I'll post the date as soon as I remember it...either Nov. 15 or 22 I think.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:21 AM

4 posts, read 18,196 times
I live on Daniel Island so I am biased, but I would definitely come here for trick or treating. I have two kids, ages 5 & 8 and we wouldn't miss it for anything. Tons of kids out on the sidewalks and lots of parents. Sometimes whole families go and just leave the candy on their front porch. It is a younger crowd, lots of early elementary age so it starts early, around 6:30 and ends early, usually by 8:00. There is a pumpkin walk on Saturday, October 25th from 7-9 which is kind of neat too (not scary). It is $5 per family plus a carved pumpkin w/candle (in advance) or $10 per family at the gate. The Property Owners Office has tickets. Hope this helps, welcome to Charleston!

Old 10-17-2008, 07:01 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Oh I think dinner at Grandma's and then TT on Daniel's Island. The houses are close together -- you'll get lots of candy real fast <G> and then the kids can share the fun with Grandma....and maybe you won't have to cook dinner <G>.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:11 PM

1 posts, read 8,241 times
Anyone have info about trick or treat in Mt Pleasant. I am coming from Ohio and trick or treat is usually the saturday before the actual Halloween holiday. Is it on the 31st there? My daughter thinks it will be that night I would like to confirm since I will be taking days off from work to be there to go trick or treating with my grandaughter. Thank you!

Old 10-12-2011, 05:57 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,429,636 times
We trick or treat on the 31st early since it's a school night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area