Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 07:40 AM

870 posts, read 1,987,694 times

Advertisements

I live in North Charleston (soon to be Goose Creek) but Mt P isn't bad.

The best thing about Mt Pleasant/Daniel Island is that nasty weather seems to stop at the Cooper River. I have actually driven through the worst rain of my life in North Charleston but when I got across the Don Holt it was blue skies and birds chirping. When I looked in my rear view mirror sure enough there was a wall of rain stopped at the Bridge!

It gets hot in the summer but in Mt P you are minutes from the beaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 07:52 AM

84 posts, read 241,984 times
Every visit we made...March, May and Sept. the weather was great. The heat/humidity doesn't bother me. We go to Nantucket for July and it is VERY Humid there.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:36 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,998,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackgirl View Post
Every visit we made...March, May and Sept. the weather was great. The heat/humidity doesn't bother me. We go to Nantucket for July and it is VERY Humid there.
ACK- I spent 5/6 years on the Cape, you can't compare the humidity! I'm glad it doesn't bother you...The months you listed for visiting here, March, May & Sept...You really missed the bulk of it. After you spend a June/July & Aug here, lemme know if it still doesn't bother you

Old 02-10-2009, 09:04 AM

ok, point taken pokrplr....grass is always greener on the other side!!!! But I would take the heat and humidity any day over cold/ice/snowy, gray days from November to April!!!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:35 AM

308 posts, read 1,041,878 times
The summer heat/humidity is what I was dreading most, but I really didn't think it was any worse than Indiana in the summer.... someone said it's not as bad in Mt Pleasant because closer to the coast (breeze)?, so maybe that's it.... or maybe I was still in "pinch me, am I on vacation" mode last summer. (The bugs that come with it is another story though).

Old 02-10-2009, 12:17 PM

89 posts, read 255,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackgirl View Post
Thanks "beachme". Yes, Belle Hall is our least favorite....seems like it would be very hard to take a left out of the entrance onto longpoint rd. during traffic times. We are looking in the Parkers Landing section of Rivertowne primarily. We just have to get our house sold up here and we are ready to move!
Just wanted to add my 2 cents(for what it's worth). We moved here from L.I NY about 2 yrs ago. We really love it. I don't doubt that you will too. Also wanted to tell you that you shouldn't rule out Belle Hall just yet. We are thankful every day that it takes us about 2 minutes to get on 526 and en route to our destination. The traffic on 17 in the area of 41 is pretty bad. It's nice not to have to deal with it at all. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:46 PM

TPS1029...thank you. I am happy to hear you love it there. I like Belle Hall in terms of convenience. I was wondering how bad it is trying to take a left out of there onto Longpoint? How are the amenities in Belle Hall?

Old 02-10-2009, 01:36 PM

I know what you mean about the bugs..when we were down there I thought some flying ones were low-flying helicopters!!!! The thing about the heat/humidity it seems like most homes have ceiling fans even on the porches which is nice. I think that at 1st it would be an adjustment to the heat but we would probably be outside in shorts when it is 55 out and people will think we are crazy!!!!

Old 02-10-2009, 01:37 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,908,098 times
i dont think you will hate it, except the traffic on 17. I am a native and seen my town get overrun by urbanization and traffic, so much so that i dont know if i will move back permanently now.

but who could hate our lovely piece of heaven??

Old 02-10-2009, 03:26 PM

Carolina Jack......you could probably tell some good stories with us about what it used to be like in Mt. Pleasant and surrounding areas!! I agree....it is a little piece of heaven!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area