Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 11:57 AM

24 posts, read 75,671 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I are relocating to Charleston because he got a job at Blackbaud. We've never spent any time there, but we need to rent a place. Should we get a realtor to help us find a rental property? If yes, any suggestions as to whom? If no, what is the best way to go about renting when we can't be there until late May?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 03:08 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,429,009 times
Do you want to rent a home, condo or town home? yes.. get a Realtor or Property manager. For apartments you do it on your own.
Also come to look for a rental in late March or early as possible in April to rent in May. I know of a great town home for rent very close to Blackbaud. A friend of mind is desperate to find a renter. It's 2 bedroom in Beresford Commons.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:15 PM

25 posts, read 60,433 times
I'd look up properties on craigslist first to get an idea of the pricing around here.

What is your price range? Blackbaud is on Daniel's Island, which is going to be a more pricey neighborhood, but it is somewhat close to reasonably priced options in places like Hanahan.

http://charleston.craigslist.org/hhh/

Last edited by kallistix; 02-25-2009 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: added craiglist link

Old 02-25-2009, 05:42 PM

459 posts, read 1,641,966 times
Also look at some of the communities along Clement's Ferry Rd. There has been quite a bit of new residential development there. Not sure what the rental market is, but it is an option. He would be 5 to 10 minutes from work.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:21 AM

24 posts, read 75,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachme View Post
Do you want to rent a home, condo or town home? yes.. get a Realtor or Property manager. For apartments you do it on your own.
Also come to look for a rental in late March or early as possible in April to rent in May. I know of a great town home for rent very close to Blackbaud. A friend of mind is desperate to find a renter. It's 2 bedroom in Beresford Commons.
yes, we want to rent a home or townhome. Who do I call? Any realtor? We can't come to visit. That's what makes this situation difficult. Although I am very excited!

Old 02-27-2009, 10:13 AM

2,527 posts, read 8,016,626 times
There are plenty of townhomes and houses for rent in the Daniel Island/Clement's Ferry Rd. area. I'd recommend neighborhoods like The Peninsula, since it's only 5 minutes to Blackbaud and I know some Blackbaud friends who live there already and love it.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,370 times
Andi25 - Are you still looking for a rental property? I have a townhome in charleston that is coming available at the end of this month and it would be about 10 minutes from blackbaud. Its a 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath portrait townhome that is only 5 years old.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:52 PM

372 posts, read 808,444 times
Looking for 1-2 bdrm 6-700 month. Cat friendly. Good clean neighborhood. Would like to be near hospitals. Condo or house doesn't really matter. Would like to buy after about a year. Where should I start looking wen I come down in mid May? And does anyone have any Realtor in mind that can show me what I have in mind?

Old 03-04-2009, 07:12 PM

15 posts, read 37,449 times
My wife and I met up with a realtor when we moved down to summerville a few weeks ago. We moved here from michigan and the realtor really helped us by having a list of homes ready for us to view (all homes he prescreened to meet our criteria). This was a huge help and he was extremely cordial and gave us a little tour of the area as well. Couldn't of done it without him. Email me if you would like his name and #. windowcleaning88@sbcglobal.net
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area