Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 05:16 AM

6,081 posts, read 9,120,563 times

Advertisements

This is a really cool concept, and I hope to see more of these pop up through out the city. The idea is simple, take a book to read and enjoy while leaving behind another for others to enjoy.

W.Va. gets its first Little Free Library* - News - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,494 times
Default Croft Free Library

I will be building and registering a Little Free Library in my front yard in Bancroft.
I am holding a pledge drive for books at: http://www.pledgebank.com/CroftFreeLibrary
I will begin construction on the Library as soon as I receive all the pledges I need. The deadline for pledges is October 31st. You have the option to pledge anonymously. Links to share this pledge on social media sites can be found on the pledgebank page. You can also find links to pdf fliers which can be printed and distributed by people who really want to help me out.
A concept image of my Library design can also be found at the pledgebank page. If you would like a larger copy, or an alternate image, feel free to contact me and I can provide them. This is simply to show the rough scale and look of the library. Plans for the landscaping around the library include a solar powered street lamp to illuminate the area, a small stone walkway and patio, stone planters for flowerbeds, and a wooden bench or other seating, to provide a nice area to enjoy a good book.

If you would like to help, feel free to follow the "promote on your site or blog" link for code and other tools to embed a pledge banner on your site.
I will be putting my own money and resources into building the library, but of course financial donations to the library construction fund are very welcome. Anyone interested in donating books, money, time, other resources, or more information can find my contact information at the pledgebank site.

For mor information about Little Free Libraries visit: Little Free Library* - Home
The Little Free Library neighborhood group on Facebook can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/LittleFreeLibrary?fref=ts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
View detailed profiles of: