Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2009, 06:55 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times

Advertisements

The Moose lodge #1444 in Charleston doesn't seem to have a budget for advertising & restricted by regulation since they're not for profit so I'll post it here for those interested. I'll just keep this same thread to post updates monthly.

Nov 2009
Open to general public events;

The senior dinner 1-3pm sat. november 21st. Admission, spaghetti dinner, beverage, desert and some live entertainment are all free of charge for seniors. No alcoholic beverages are permitted at this event. Know anyone who's shut in or could use the company of peers, please do invite them. This is a regular monthly event all year round and the seniors who come (70- 100 regulars) seem to enjoy the company and extra attention immensely.

Women of the moose will be holding their christmas bazaar 2pm sun. november 22nd to raise money for childrens christmas fund/ mooseheart charities. Admission is $5 for all, open to general public, and a sit down meal is included. I think it's a ham dinner but I haven't the details handy just now.

Anyone (member or not) interested in donating new unwrapped toys, barrels for collection are at the security desk in the vestibule. I believe it's associated with Dagger's toy run, but the staff can answer whatever questions you might have about it.

The address is 2805 Kanawha Blvd, East Charleston 25311 for those with GPS or googling directions.

The moose lodge is available to all for catered events, office meetings, wedding receptions/ rehearsal dinners etc. 3 cancellations of christmas parties due to the economic downturn... the calendar opened up for anyone interested in last minute party plans in december.
---------------

Members only
(Every) mon 4-7pm potluck dinner at the main bar is $2.50
tues 4-6pm free beans and cornbread. 5-7pm Berry's BBQ sandwiches, Laura's slaw & a bag of chips on the patio are $2.00.
weds 5-7pm $1 burgers on the patio.
thurs. 4-6pm free pot luck (mystery soup).
fri 6-7:30 pm on the patio- Steak, baked potato, & salad for $7, to-go orders $8, and don't forget desert! The women of the moose offer desert for just $1 more, 100% goes to charity. Homemade fudge and pecan pie usually sell out first, although Ginny's mandarin orange cake is most often requested. She runs away from compliments like that so don't talk too loud.

Won't find a better price for a night out unless mawmaw's cooking.

(PS- I promise not to donate another mince pie, I swear it.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 05:14 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,314,623 times
Very worthy organization...good luck..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston