Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,694 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone - We're expecting our first child in Oct 2010 and are trying to pick a daycare center, since we both work. Ideally, my maternity leave will run end Oct - end Jan 2011. We've been doing tons of research, and have checked out the NC Div of Child Development child care site, but I wanted to ask for recommendations since I think word-of-mouth is important, too.

We live off 485/Rocky River Road and I work near Albemarle Rd/E WT Harris. We'd like to find someplace close to my office since I'd primarily be taking/picking her up. We'd also really like to find someplace she can start as an infant (3 mos) and continue in for a few years. As much as we'd love to send her to the "best-of-the-best", we just can't afford to shell out $250-$300 a week.

We are trying to stay below $1000/month, and there are places nearby in our range. They all seem to have good ratings on the NC Div of Child Development site, but I've also read and heard some bad reviews - some more prone to the management of the facility and not the actual care.

I'd really appreciate any recommendations/opinions as to anything you're aware of in East Charlotte. I'm also not opposed to anything in Mint Hill as well. Thanks for all your time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 07:54 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,206,604 times
have you checked out Hickory Grove?

Old 06-23-2010, 02:07 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,364,232 times
I just moved to the aread and I just enrolled my three year old at Fellowship Baptist CDC near Albermarle and Wilgrove Mint hill rd. It seems pretty decent and the ratings from NC is Superior. I take some of the complaints that I see with a grain of salt. I have worked in childcare for many years previously so I know that some complaints are frivolous. number to them is 704-545-9668.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:25 PM

17 posts, read 46,772 times
My daughter attends child care center on Harris Blvd near Tryon Street. It is called the Leslee Lloyd Child Development Center. I highly recommend them. They are great. They are a bit pricey full time for infants is about $1010/month. They work with infants and also have preschool so your daughter could go there up until she starts kindergarten. They are also accredited by NAEYC so they have very high standards that they abide by. Here is the link to the website Bright Horizons | Leslee Lloyd Child Development Centers - providing child care in Charlotte, NC 28262

Once again I highly recommend them. The staff and the facility are exceptional! Good luck in your search. I'm sure you will find the right place for you little one. Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte