Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2010, 06:30 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,104,413 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody.

I will be on vacation from the 20th through the 30th of July, and we have a few things planned

1) Tuesday 7/20 Charlotte speedway dirt track, in addition to the normal Tuesday night races they have every week in the Summer, area school Principal's will be racing around the track in old school buses.

Charlotte Motor Speedway | Speedway | Summer Shootout Week 7 (http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/schedule/summershootout/072010/ - broken link)

2) also I plan to take the kids to happy lake- the lady at the gas station where I get my coffee, just told me about this place, it has public swimming, diving boards, slides and it sounds like a lot of fun.

I can't seem to find a website for them but here's a review along with there address and telephone number.
Happy Lake - Salisbury, NC

3) We plan on going to Morrow Mountain state Park and cook out and from there across the street from the entrance from the park is a drive'in movie theater.

for those interested, the park and the drive in are located in Albermarle about 30 miles east of Charlotte. Here are the websites

N.C. Division of Parks and Recreation: - Welcome to Morrow Mountain State Park
BADINROADDRIVEIN.COM

I'm looking for one more fun getaway for 2 teenage daughters and 2 adults and I'd like to keep it around $30, I would also like to keep it within 30 minutes from Kannapolis.

Does anyone have any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte